Page 2 of 6
Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:07 pm
by FGorhau
Do you remember which line carries the 12V?
Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm
by FGorhau
According to this website (
http://www.interfacebus.com/OBDII-pinou ... gment.html) it's pin 16 that carries the 12V, but which color wire is connected to that pin?
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:19 pm
by FGorhau
Bueller? Bueller?
Nothing heard... OK, so I've bought another OBD II cord, which I'll tear apart and check the pinouts myself. My plan is to buy another 90-degree cable, splice a small switch into the 12V line, and mount the switch on the OBD II connector. That way, when I'm done with Trinity, I can switch it off and not drain the battery. At least until Diablosport solves the LY platform problem...
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:24 pm
by gizmodo
Why not just unplug the cable from the OBDII port? Same thing and less work.
Dead battery
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:52 am
by jmmsid
Have you guys at diablo solved this issue yet. I have had my trinity for a few months now and never plug it in. I know (from passed experience) that I will forget to unplug it one day and kill my battery....again. My trinity has become a $600 paperweight. Please fix this issue so that I can use it again or take it back and refund my money.
RE: Dead battery
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:30 am
by NEokcTERROR
If you want to go through the work you can get a tiny DC low-amp relay from Radio Shack and wire it into pin 16 on the OBDII port to interrupt power with key off.
RE: Dead battery
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:02 pm
by goodkd
What's the official word from Diablo on this issue?
RE: Dead battery
Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:36 am
by gizmodo
The official word is "they're working on it". Funny, that's the same thing they have been saying about the interference issues for over a year... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix if I were you guys.
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:13 pm
by maansman
I never left in plugged in overnight, however, if I leave it plugged in, shutoff my car and comeback within the hour or so, the remote does not open the doors, at all. So, I press the trunk button, and viola! All the doors work with the remote from then on....odd.
Totally confirmed with the Trinity...as it only happens when it's left plugged in.
- Mark
_____________________________
2008 Dodge Charger SRT - Loaded!
Re: RE: Dead battery
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:38 am
by FGorhau
NEokcTERROR wrote:If you want to go through the work you can get a tiny DC low-amp relay from Radio Shack and wire it into pin 16 on the OBDII port to interrupt power with key off.
Thought about doing something like that, but it seemed like too much work for a problem Diablo should have solved by now, finding a switched 12V source to run the relay and all... at the least, you would think by now they would have at least come up with a firmware update that would monitor the engine, and after 5 minutes of inactivity power the unit down... but that's just me.
I don't want to continually plug and unplug the OBD II cable, because I know eventually I'll wear out something... and I have to pull the A-pillar to run the cable through to my A-pillar pod mount, so that option is out.
Just seemed to me the simplest solution to Diablo's deficiency is to splice a small switch into the wire off pin 16, epoxy the switch to the top of the OBD II connector (or if I'm adventurous, drill a hole in the lower dash and mount it there) plug the cable in "permanently," and wait for Diablo to fix the Trinity the right way...
RE: Re: RE: Dead battery
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 am
by JoeBagadonuts
Add me to the list of the dreaded "dead battery due to Trinity being plugged in." I was gone for about three weeks and my 2009 Challenger SRT8 is deader than the proverbial doornail. Called tech support and "MikeM" said they were aware of it and working on a fix. Apparently has something to do with the Challenger sending power to the oxygen sensor, even though the key is off, that that starting off some "loop" thing (whatever that is) and eventually will run the battery down. I keep my Trinity mounted in the car so now will just have to remember to unplug it when I put the car in the garage.
It would have been nice if the folks at Diablo would have perhaps sent an email notice to those of us in the Challenger camp that bought a trinity. Mike said the issue was covered in the forums (here, obviously). Too bad I didn't check before I took off for three weeks.
RE: Re: RE: Dead battery
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36 am
by mikel
Any chance of someone parking their car for a few hours with the Trinity plugged in, then climb under it once the exhaust is totally cool and see if the O2 sensor are warm to the touch?
RE: Re: RE: Dead battery
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 pm
by TIGwelder
Once again i'll step up and test something..<biting tongue>
I'll sacrifice a $25 cable to help myself and others
Drawing of connector on car
http://www.obdii.com/connector.html
Remember, looking at cable connector the pinout is opposite
8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9
Pin 1 - Black
Pin 2 - Brown without stripe
Pin 3 - Red without stripe
Pin 4 - Bare stranded wire - Chassis Ground
Pin 5 - Orange
Pin 6 - Yellow
Pin 7 - Green
Pin 8 - Blue
Pin 9 - Purple
Pin 10 - Grey
Pin 11 - White
Pin 12 - Pink
Pin 13 - Light Green
Pin 14 - Light Blue
Pin 15 - Brown with white stripe
Pin 16 - Red with white stripe - Battery Power
Now to order a new right angle cable.
Re: RE: Re: RE: Dead battery
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:35 pm
by mikel
mikel wrote:Any chance of someone parking their car for a few hours with the Trinity plugged in, then climb under it once the exhaust is totally cool and see if the O2 sensor are warm to the touch?
bump...
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Dead battery
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:42 pm
by SRTorRed6sp
If my lift wasn't tied up I would have checked it by now. But I know one of the things on my car that stays awake and helps to kill the battery is the MyGig radio. I have confirmed over and over if the Trinity is not shut down properly after key off it keep the radio active.