2010 ram engine knock on 89 octane

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

rstp
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 pm

Post by rstp »

Ill go with D also
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by cwilly01 »

NONONO...... Did not laugh at the Jeep.... It struck me funny that you mentioned Vettes and other exotics, then mentioned the Jeep. I watched your vids and am quite impressed. You typically don't think of a Jeep as an 11-second vehicle. Just hit me funny, that's all.

But, when your Jeep can pull my 8500lb boat 70mph for 200 miles with another 700lbs of gear in the bed, or tune the shift schedule to get 20 mpg out of a 6200lb truck, then you might call my truck a POS.

The fact is that we both have needs from these products. Mine are different than yours, and I'm good with that. And to be 100% honest, you and I have talked before about support with DS. We agreed then and do now. The reason I was pissy was the original post by the airhead that attacked everyone for asking questions. That was just plain uncool. Everyone has to start somewhere.
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by cwilly01 »

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings and make you feel (and look) like a complete imbecile

btw: I'm a Mechanical Engineer
Duster it is what it is. You tune for performance, I tune for trailering, load and (what little I can get) economy. You tune for knock and afr, I tune through progressive shifts and torque management.

You mentioned that I could not tune, or I was dumber than a box of hammers. How many pt tm and shift schedules have you written?

I posted up on the forum whn I first got my DS. I needed to know where and how to start. Your philosophy of "everyone should be able to open the box and figure it out" is way off base. You outta be glad there are other new folks posting and asking the questions, and hopefully getting involved with the performance side of these things instead of posting shitty messages about their ignorance.

I do feel stupid for supporting the folks that don't have a clue. It's a damn shame that DS don't. I mean after all it's the new people that continue to buy the products. Guess what, if people are told the support sucks, or they are going to get blasted by posts such as yours, do you really thiink they will buy the product? And since you an engineer, you can figure out the rest... That's all I was getting at before all of the mud slinging began!!!

Even you had to start somewhere... Now where do you want to go from here? I can continue to look stupid in defense of the "Newbies" while firing ignorant posts back and forth, or we can drop it and agree to disagreee. Your call.
duster360
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by duster360 »

cwilly01 wrote: The reason I was pissy was the original post by the airhead that attacked everyone for asking questions. That was just plain uncool. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Now you're just pissing me off. How can you possibly think I attacked ANYONE for asking a question?

Let me correct your revisionist history: FTR I answered the OP question thorughly and offered comprehensive advice and also to offered check his tune.

Has ANYONE else besides myself offered ANYTHING constructive to HemisFEAR08's thread?

I guess if you think whining and complaining for a handout is "constructive", you're more helpless than I thought.

These snide, WORHTLESS, MISINFORMED, BS comments provoked my initial rant
rstp: "they say that they are going to revise the tunes if it ever happens[FIX IT YOUR SELF],,,,,,,PS they say these tunes have been properly tested my ass[/i]"

OOsik: "Start making multiple post, took them months to respond to mine. I sold my tuner by then, best of luck to you"

When I suggest you get off your ass and hit a few buttons, you sound off like a bunch welfare queens being asked to get a job. :lol:



This thread and discussion involves engine tuning, specifically Knock tuning. The DSP and its suplied tunes do a VERY good job at tuning the engine. The DSP gives every user, regardless of his incompetance or lack of ambition, the ability to tune Knock easily and effectively.

My point: Every DSP tune is somewhat "generic" and can to be custom tailored by the USER to their specific vehical.

Those who chose not to do this and simply piss, moan, bitch and whine about the generic tune without lifting a finger on their own, are owed no sympathy or increased attention from DS or others. If you're too lazy or incompetant to tune your own vehical, any dealer would be glad to help you for a reasonable fee.

If you want to just complain about your transmission do so on your new tools website.
cwilly01
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by cwilly01 »

Duster - You my friend are an egotistical worm that has the inate ability to throw rocks and then hide your hand. You rationalization of what you read (and write) deviates from what was actually mentioned.

Now that I know what ype of individual you are, I'm done as you are beyond any form of reasoning and/or understanding. So keep driving customers away from DS. I'm sure you're proud of that too!!!!!

Who looks like the explosive fool now?????
duster360
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by duster360 »

Sorry,,there's only a few things I don't know how to do and one of them is suffer fools.
Kahler

Post by Kahler »

For the O.P. I run 94 oct daily, 106 oct sunnco on race day, I have 5 deg timing added with some fuel. I NEVER get LT knock. And only get .50 to 2.5 ST knock rarely, in between shifts or somwhere during my high stall of 4000 rpm on the green light. . I also monitor a/f with a wideband. I also, SPRAY away. No bitch here, ds is the only game. IMHO. For the Challenger and others may never have TCM control.
What I am pissed about is not being able to hold the trans in the gear I want !!!! . Like 1st !!!!! for another topic.
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”