Page 2 of 2
Re: Custom tunes on 5.3
Posted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:02 pm
by 06MonteSS
Arazoii wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:30 am ... I just ls swapped a 5.3 into my 87 C20 ...
nothing I would touch... I don't touch swaps anymore... I have done them in the past, and swaps can be a big pain in the ass, with wiring differences or something that doesn't match up somewhere along the line, ecm's being different, not correct one or correct programming for the swapped motor, controlling parameters being different, sensors different, etc... And a handheld goes by the vehicle's VIN number to install a tune... so, with having a different engine in there than was was original in the vehicle, the programmer may not work correctly with it at all...
You'd want to take that swap setup to a shop to get tuned...
IF you can find someone that uses Diablosport's CMR tuning software that can do it via email tuning, then go for it bud... Nothing to lose but $$... Good luck with your venture!!
Re: Custom tunes on 5.3
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:28 pm
by Elfears23
Could you help me? Even after 9 years lol I have the trinity 2 ex for my 2015 Chevy silverado
Re: Custom tunes on 5.3
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:14 pm
by 06MonteSS
Elfears23 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:28 pm
Could you help me? Even after 9 years lol I have the trinity 2 ex for my 2015 Chevy silverado
I can definitely get you hooked up with a custom tune for your truck... I've done thousands of those trucks over the years, including my own, and do them weekly...
You can email me directly, at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com
-Thanks!
-Lew
Re: Custom tunes on 5.3
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2025 9:51 pm
by Silverado1820
Im just wondering for tuning i just want added reliability for my motor 5.3 and my 6 speed transmission i just got an I3 and want to know the hest settings for reliability or a good custom tune for reliability and smooth seamless shifting it the odd time shifts weird but nothing absurd
Re: Custom tunes on 5.3
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2025 9:19 am
by mikel
start by disabling AFM, then get with Lew

Re: Custom tunes on 5.3
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2026 4:07 pm
by Suburban_pat
Hello from Germany
I recently bought a 2008 Chevy Suburban 5.3 FlexFuel.
Next week, it's getting an AFM delete and a TSP Chopacabra camshaft.
It already has a Magnaflow exhaust system and a 4" intake with an open air filter.
I also ordered a Diablo i3 Tuner
Can anyone help me with the tune?
My programmer said he can't do it after all, and since I'm the only one in all of Bavaria with a Suburban of that year who also has a different camshaft, nobody else dares to attempt the tuning due to lack of experience.
Re: Custom tunes on 5.3
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2026 4:27 pm
by mikel
Suburban_pat wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 4:07 pm
Hello from Germany
I recently bought a 2008 Chevy Suburban 5.3 FlexFuel.
Next week, it's getting an AFM delete and a TSP Chopacabra camshaft.
It already has a Magnaflow exhaust system and a 4" intake with an open air filter.
I also ordered a Diablo i3 Tuner
Can anyone help me with the tune?
My programmer said he can't do it after all, and since I'm the only one in all of Bavaria with a Suburban of that year who also has a different camshaft, nobody else dares to attempt the tuning due to lack of experience.
I dont think Lew likes to do remote cam tunes, check with the guys at Southern Speed Inc.