Intune Tcm support

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
rthms20
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 am

Post by rthms20 »

i hope this update rolls out by friday. i can't wait to break my truck
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

....and why would you break your truck because of the update?
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
rthms20
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 am

Post by rthms20 »

Im just kidding. i was joking about being able to turn off torque management and doing wot runs.
rdss
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 am

Post by rdss »

You already can disable Trq Mngmt without TCM support. That's why you get the second gear chirp. TCM support is going to let us refine the transmission even more.
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
K&N Aircharger
Blastin' Bob Muffler-back with Magnaflow
Diablo Sport inTune, Diablew tuned
User avatar
Oldsaltydog
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by Oldsaltydog »

Torque mgmt is only off on the engine side with the tranny tuning we will able to do more I asked lew about this during my tune testing.
Oldsaltydog
2007 corvette c6
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

rdss wrote:You already can disable Trq Mngmt without TCM support. That's why you get the second gear chirp. TCM support is going to let us refine the transmission even more.
Negative Sir,
there is nothing we can do with the toruqe mngmt. I asked this a while back and one of the custome tuners stated there are adjustments made on the engine side in canned tunes, or you can get a custom tune and have it done but ONLY on the engine side.
You can't disable it at all unless you have the tuning software, so you would need a custom tune.
So if you are getting a second gear chirp now, wait until you have access to adjust the transmission, you should be able to chirp whenever yo uwant :D
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
rdss
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 am

Post by rdss »

Yep, my bad. Your right, it's available but with custom tuning only. I thought it was availble but have not gotten into the customizing options of the tuner myself, Lew has been working his magic on it from the beginning. Thanks for keeping correct information going out.

I am looking forward to seeing what can be done with TCM support. I'm hoping to see it before I deploy in May but I am not holding my breath. If it releases before I get back I will have a few months to play with it before deploying again.
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
K&N Aircharger
Blastin' Bob Muffler-back with Magnaflow
Diablo Sport inTune, Diablew tuned
rthms20
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 am

Post by rthms20 »

they say tcm update is done but waiting other features to be ready so they can one major update....why not just give us the tcm update now ? seems to the biggest demand on the forums. i was trying to return this thing and the sales guy promised me 2 weeks for tcm support...needless to say its been alot longer than 2 weeks.
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

rthms20 wrote:they say tcm update is done but waiting other features to be ready so they can one major update....why not just give us the tcm update now ? seems to the biggest demand on the forums. i was trying to return this thing and the sales guy promised me 2 weeks for tcm support...needless to say its been alot longer than 2 weeks.

Guess you didn't read all the posts huh?

"06MonteSS" : there are other updates being rolled into the tcm update, so that it's one all-inclusive update... all facets of that update need to be thoroughly tested before it's released... if one part of that supporting update has issues, the update waits until things are checked out and retested...

.....there's your answer why they can't just the update now!
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
rlkimmel
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Weirton, WV

torque management

Post by rlkimmel »

BlackZ71Silverado wrote:
rdss wrote:You already can disable Trq Mngmt without TCM support. That's why you get the second gear chirp. TCM support is going to let us refine the transmission even more.
Negative Sir,
there is nothing we can do with the toruqe mngmt.
:D

You "CAN" disable torque management "WITHOUT" a programmer. I will assume that your 2010 Silverado 5.3L has the same torque management features as my 2010 Colorado 5.3L. The features are called traction control and stability control. There is a button on the dash that looks like a little car fishtailing. Hold it in until the little car fishtailing light in the dash comes on and stays on. The info screen in the instrument cluster will flash from one to the other saying that both are turned off. If you have a locking rear end you cannot turn "It" off and it operates totally independent from the torque management system. As far as chirping the tires on the 1-2 shift, my Colorado doesn't do it with the torque management on or off. The shifts are quick and smooth either way but no chirp. With the slight lag in the electronic throttle, I'm not even sure I get WOT on floored peddle shifts.
I sure would like to beta test a Trinity with tunes for the Colorado so I can monitor some of those functions and see what is really going on (hint, hint)


Remember, when all else fails, RTFM!!
rthms20
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 am

Post by rthms20 »

BlackZ71Silverado wrote:
rthms20 wrote:they say tcm update is done but waiting other features to be ready so they can one major update....why not just give us the tcm update now ? seems to the biggest demand on the forums. i was trying to return this thing and the sales guy promised me 2 weeks for tcm support...needless to say its been alot longer than 2 weeks.

Guess you didn't read all the posts huh?

"06MonteSS" : there are other updates being rolled into the tcm update, so that it's one all-inclusive update... all facets of that update need to be thoroughly tested before it's released... if one part of that supporting update has issues, the update waits until things are checked out and retested...

.....there's your answer why they can't just the update now!
i meant just separate the tcm update......
rdss
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 am

Post by rdss »

All he is saying is that is what Diablosport has decided to do with the TCM support. That way they don't have to release three updates all in a row.
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
K&N Aircharger
Blastin' Bob Muffler-back with Magnaflow
Diablo Sport inTune, Diablew tuned
User avatar
Satch606
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Satch606 »

Am I being made to understand that I will not be able to modify torque management in any respect with the Intune?
rdss
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 am

Post by rdss »

I thought you could but BlackZ71Silverado says that it is not an option. I know that Lew has adjusted mine to soften the shift from 1st to 2nd a little, so it can be done with custom tuning. I have to get a verification log (cruise and WOT) to Lew so he can finish up my tuning. When I plug it in I will see what options I have.
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
K&N Aircharger
Blastin' Bob Muffler-back with Magnaflow
Diablo Sport inTune, Diablew tuned
User avatar
Satch606
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Satch606 »

If thats the case, Anyone want to buy a barely used Intune? Cause I have no use for it then.
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”