Intune Tcm support

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

rdss wrote:I thought you could but BlackZ71Silverado says that it is not an option. I know that Lew has adjusted mine to soften the shift from 1st to 2nd a little, so it can be done with custom tuning. I have to get a verification log (cruise and WOT) to Lew so he can finish up my tuning. When I plug it in I will see what options I have.

I was responding to the post that said we already can disable some torque management.....To have it done on the engine side more than it is with the canned tunes you need to get a custom tune. It's not an option right now for us to disable any kind of toruqe management on our own because we don't have the TCM support for the inTune as of now.
When TCM support is released, you can adjust it with the inTune.
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

Satch606 wrote:Am I being made to understand that I will not be able to modify torque management in any respect with the Intune?
I think you misunderstood that post......I was saying right now, the only way to disable any type of torque management is to get a custome tune and have it removed on the engine side.
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: torque management

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

rlkimmel wrote:
BlackZ71Silverado wrote:
rdss wrote:You already can disable Trq Mngmt without TCM support. That's why you get the second gear chirp. TCM support is going to let us refine the transmission even more.
Negative Sir,
there is nothing we can do with the toruqe mngmt.
:D

You "CAN" disable torque management "WITHOUT" a programmer. I will assume that your 2010 Silverado 5.3L has the same torque management features as my 2010 Colorado 5.3L. The features are called traction control and stability control. There is a button on the dash that looks like a little car fishtailing. Hold it in until the little car fishtailing light in the dash comes on and stays on. The info screen in the instrument cluster will flash from one to the other saying that both are turned off. If you have a locking rear end you cannot turn "It" off and it operates totally independent from the torque management system. As far as chirping the tires on the 1-2 shift, my Colorado doesn't do it with the torque management on or off. The shifts are quick and smooth either way but no chirp. With the slight lag in the electronic throttle, I'm not even sure I get WOT on floored peddle shifts.
I sure would like to beta test a Trinity with tunes for the Colorado so I can monitor some of those functions and see what is really going on (hint, hint)


Remember, when all else fails, RTFM!!
We are not referring to traction control ot stabilitrac.......Talking about being able to adjust shift points, line pressure, stuff like that.
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
User avatar
Satch606
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

RE: Re: torque management

Post by Satch606 »

So you think we will be able to disable TM on the motor side with the update?
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

RE: Re: torque management

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

I would assume so with the full TCM support update........It is supposed to be the same support as the Trinity from what DS said in the past. I would think any adjustments that can be made with that update on Trinity would carry over to inTune. I am hoping at least.
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
User avatar
Satch606
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

RE: Re: torque management

Post by Satch606 »

You and me both brother. It's basically what I bought it for. If not, I'm selling it and dumping the bucks into HP Tuners and be done with it.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: Re: torque management

Post by mikel »

adjustments will be the same as trinity.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
rlkimmel
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Weirton, WV

Re: torque management

Post by rlkimmel »

We are not referring to traction control ot stabilitrac.......Talking about being able to adjust shift points, line pressure, stuff like that.[/quote]


Ok, looks like a misunderstanding of terms. My first car was an original 69 Z28 Camaro. Torque management meant installing a set of traction bars. Adjusting shift points meant watching the tac and adjusting the chrome stick that said HURST on the sides and it was linked to a Muncie M22 Rockcrusher close ratio 4 speed. 90 weight gear oil didn't require pressure, just a lot of slinging around inside the transmission. The only relevant pressure and speed was what you generated with your right arm when shifting.tuning a car involved a new set of plugs, a wrench for the distributor, and a timing light. (I actually built a capacitive discharge ignition module from a kit so the points didn't require any adjustments.) If DS tells you they can't adjust something, "Believe it!" ALL of the manufacturers have the cars so complicated and screwed up the dealers have a hard time fixing any problems. All if this crap is an attempt to shut out the aftermarket companies and force the end user to go to the factory dealerships for service. Just ask a local dealer what the labor cost is to change a pair of "captive" disk brake rotors. Sorry about going off topic and bitching but this one of my major pet peeves. I feel that I should be able to make changes to a vehicle that cost more than my house without having to get a PHD in Quantum Mechanics just to find the air filter.
User avatar
Oldsaltydog
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 pm

RE: Re: torque management

Post by Oldsaltydog »

Ooohhhh yeahhhh it's friday
Oldsaltydog
2007 corvette c6
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: RE: Re: torque management

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

mikel wrote:adjustments will be the same as trinity.
Great, thanks!

..........That's our good news for the week.
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
LGSONE
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:18 am

RE: Re: RE: Re: torque management

Post by LGSONE »

Well, its been 3 months now, I love having the TM turned off with my custom tuning. I have been waiting to do some engine mods and upgrade the tune when the TCM became available. It's killin me, I guess I'll just keep whining and waiting, any word if it is at least in beta testing anyone?

LGSONE
deezomaxima
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:04 am

Post by deezomaxima »

BlackZ71Silverado wrote:You don't get it either........
I definitely get it and that's why I stated my opinion. You or no one else have to like it but I was making a point. Everyone is free to do what they want regardless of what Diablosport "promised" folks.

How can anyone else be at fault? I'll just say this: We are and should be in control of what we say and how we act on a public forum. All the negative energy didn't make TCM support come any faster.

There should be things learned on all sides and the Diablo folks shouldn't jump to say what their offerings are before they are ready to produce.
User avatar
Oldsaltydog
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by Oldsaltydog »

Who the heck are you a spambot please clean up the spam please
Oldsaltydog
2007 corvette c6
rthms20
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:39 am

Post by rthms20 »

???
rdss
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 am

Post by rdss »

The come through and clean the spam out, it's rampant on this site and horrible on the weekends since there is no one to clean up the spam.
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
K&N Aircharger
Blastin' Bob Muffler-back with Magnaflow
Diablo Sport inTune, Diablew tuned
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”