Seem like the DR trucks have fallen from the Scope

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

"id rather have a great product tomorrow then a crappy one today."

-wise words....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
fordomatic69
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by fordomatic69 »

DiabloSport is a company... a company, like any other wants to make money or they perish. Not that I don't think they "WANT" to help car owners but a good reputation increases sales and loyalty (Are you listening Big 3 autmakers? LOL) Sometimes it is necessary to take pre-orders for a product for many reasons from the cost of covering the developement of the product to the amount of interest there is in the product. No sense speding $100K on R&D, salary, etc. if only 5 people will buy it... you would need to charge $25K each just to recoup your initial R&D cost.
Fordomatic Says:
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it" :lol:
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
HEMIFISH2004
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:01 pm

Post by HEMIFISH2004 »

anyone want to bet that v6 tuner for the cars comes out before the trucks?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

HEMIFISH2004 wrote:anyone want to bet that v6 tuner for the cars comes out before the trucks?
That will most likely happen.

Does not mean for any reason that the truck tool is not coming or that it is not a top priority for us.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

fordomatic69 wrote:DiabloSport is a company... a company, like any other wants to make money or they perish. Not that I don't think they "WANT" to help car owners but a good reputation increases sales and loyalty (Are you listening Big 3 autmakers? LOL) Sometimes it is necessary to take pre-orders for a product for many reasons from the cost of covering the developement of the product to the amount of interest there is in the product. No sense speding $100K on R&D, salary, etc. if only 5 people will buy it... you would need to charge $25K each just to recoup your initial R&D cost.
Just FYI...we do not take preorders for anything.
Anyone taking preorders on these tools is doing so on their own end, not through us.
Anyone that has preordered a Predator that does not exist, we do not have that money here. The money is sitting with whomever you ordered it from, not us.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
fordomatic69
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by fordomatic69 »

Thanks for clarifying that... I thought from some of the posts that folks pre-ordered it from your site. That's good to know btw :)
Fordomatic Says:
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it" :lol:
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
ssiek
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by ssiek »

Do you think it will be out by august 08? I was just wondering, i was thinking of having my computer sent out and reprogrammed due to the camshaft i have in my truck. It runs poorly but i think your tuner will be better because i can do the tuning myself. September is when i bracket race the truck and was wondering if it would be close or will be out by august?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

ssiek wrote:Do you think it will be out by august 08? I was just wondering, i was thinking of having my computer sent out and reprogrammed due to the camshaft i have in my truck. It runs poorly but i think your tuner will be better because i can do the tuning myself. September is when i bracket race the truck and was wondering if it would be close or will be out by august?
I feel very confident saying it will be ready by August, but even then, you will need a custom tune for that cam.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
HEMIFISH2004
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:01 pm

Post by HEMIFISH2004 »

august... awsome only a year and a month from the original date
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

HEMIFISH2004 wrote:august... awsome only a year and a month from the original date
Man...do you guys actually read?

I said sure, it will be ready BY August....I did NOT say it will not be ready until August....jeez.

I'm getting to the point where I dont even want to look into this thread...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
fordomatic69
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by fordomatic69 »

Hey Mike... here's a novel idea... why don't you close this thread down so you can concentrate on finishing the DR predator? You don't have to delete it, just close it. I thought the forum rules specifically state not to flame or insult other members? Being an I.T. guy and having to support a bunch of snivelling users for the past 20 years has taught me to no longer put up with the crap.... mouth off at me and you'll never get on to the system... you might even find your credit card has been cancelled BWAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA!!! :lol: You guys at DiabloSport don't need the B.S. Think happy thoughts and concentrate on the big prize :D
Fordomatic Says:
"I've heard of Vaporware... but I've never actually seen it" :lol:
http://www.twincamlubricants.com - For all your synthetic lubricant needs. Order Online and save over retail.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

fordomatic69 wrote:Hey Mike... here's a novel idea... why don't you close this thread down so you can concentrate on finishing the DR predator? You don't have to delete it, just close it. I thought the forum rules specifically state not to flame or insult other members? Being an I.T. guy and having to support a bunch of snivelling users for the past 20 years has taught me to no longer put up with the crap.... mouth off at me and you'll never get on to the system... you might even find your credit card has been cancelled BWAAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA!!! :lol: You guys at DiabloSport don't need the B.S. Think happy thoughts and concentrate on the big prize :D
Fortunately, nobody is relying on ME to get this project done, so its not slowing anyone down.
I dont want to close the thread though since it caused alot of issues last time...

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ssiek
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by ssiek »

mikel wrote:
ssiek wrote:Do you think it will be out by august 08? I was just wondering, i was thinking of having my computer sent out and reprogrammed due to the camshaft i have in my truck. It runs poorly but i think your tuner will be better because i can do the tuning myself. September is when i bracket race the truck and was wondering if it would be close or will be out by august?
I feel very confident saying it will be ready by August, but even then, you will need a custom tune for that cam.

Thanks
Thanks Alot! I have been doing some reading and i will get a custom tune. Can the user add or subtract fuel at idle with this tuner? (dr tuner)
How about timing at idle, is that adjustable?
Thanks Steve
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

Idle fueling would need to be done in a custom tune.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ssiek
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by ssiek »

great thanks
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Dodge Gas”