Page 4 of 8

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 am
by randyc
unfortunately the lights came on even sooner. Used to take 20 minutes or so, now it is about 2 minutes. Going to take of the idle bump 1st and try again just applying the ratio and tire size.

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 am
by 06MonteSS
hmmm.. odd.. damn!

try setting the tire size to a half inch bigger or smaller than what you measured...

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
by randyc
will do

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:51 pm
by randyc
tried it both ways (tires are 30.75")...............did 31" and 30.5", keeps getting worse evertime I change. Now light comes on within first mile, used to take 20 minutes or so.............................will do everything once again this weekend then I'm giving up :twisted:

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:57 pm
by randyc
did both again, no relief!!!!
- one thing I am checking today (after rain lets up) is if I really have a GT4 (3.73) rear end, my sticker in the glove box says GT4, but we all know GM sometimes puts in whatevers on the production line floor, in other words may be some other rear end

QUESTION- when I get in the "adjust parameters menu" it asked if I want to change all parameters.....................I always answer NO because I just want to change one parameter. Should I answer yes??????

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 am
by randyc
GM confirms I do have 3.73...............................do not have a clue what to do next :(

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 am
by 06MonteSS
uugghh... well, I dunno man... odd that some things work for some people and not others...

it's something funky with the 2007 abs controllers, because if you do a search, it's an issue for everyone else too - hptuners, superchips, hypertech, etc etc etc... so it's not a diablosport-specific issue... it's the trucks... odd though....

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 am
by randyc
I know what you are saying, I have looked on the other sites. Just my luck, I would buy the "oddball" year. Just for grins today I will adjust back to 3.72 as see if the light s stays off for 30 minutes like it used to (as I said previously now it comes on within 2 or 3 minutes).
One thing I have noticed since I adjusted to 3.73 is that the truck shifts better (87 octane firm), when on 3.72 it felt real clumsy and stiff from 1>2........................now its really smooth and I haven't noticed my brake pedal asting up either (thats the thing the bothers me the most)

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 am
by randyc
went back to 3.72 and light came on within a minute....................before it was set at this for over a month and took at least 30 minutes. Just gets more bizarre...

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 am
by randyc
bump to top, this should have been addressed by now

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 pm
by mikel
post the backup and last tune written please.

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 pm
by randyc
I will later this week, just took the tune off for inspection (just in case) and to see the difference between "stock" and "tuned". Been running bthe 87 octane for months now. I can tell you this, my brakes feel much better at stock.......................so something not right is happening when tuned.
I will try to have the files by the weekend.
Thanks

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm
by sierrafan07
Hey randyc,

Unfortunately I've been dealing with this same problem as well since I have an 07' Sierra and I've had the intune since it was first released. I know it's particularly not just Diablosport that's dealing with it, but it's frustrating nevertheless. I love the Tuner but it grates on my nervous and makes me quite nervous to see the brake/abs light pop up after a few minutes of driving (not too mention pretty disconcerting for anyone else in the vehicle). Certainly looking forward to a fix!! Thanks Diablosport for trying to get this corrected (FYI--I have attempted all of the recommended fixes already)

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:56 pm
by mikel
sierrafan07 wrote:Hey randyc,

Unfortunately I've been dealing with this same problem as well since I have an 07' Sierra and I've had the intune since it was first released. I know it's particularly not just Diablosport that's dealing with it, but it's frustrating nevertheless. I love the Tuner but it grates on my nervous and makes me quite nervous to see the brake/abs light pop up after a few minutes of driving (not too mention pretty disconcerting for anyone else in the vehicle). Certainly looking forward to a fix!! Thanks Diablosport for trying to get this corrected (FYI--I have attempted all of the recommended fixes already)
you have stock tires/gears?

Re: ABS and Servic Brake System light

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:35 pm
by randyc
stock gears, but one size over tires (275). Was going to post my files later today............................should I bother?