Page 4 of 6
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:39 pm
by mikel
update your i2.
Restore the stock tune then reload and you will likely have TCM tunes if your TCM is up to date from GM

Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:41 pm
by circaskittle
mikel wrote:update your i2.
Restore the stock tune then reload and you will likely have TCM tunes if your TCM is up to date from GM

Are the TCM tunes for the i2 only? Will the i1000 be getting them?
Thanks.
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:57 pm
by White Denali
Shouldn't he restore to stock tune then update his intune. I don't believe you should ever update your device before returning your vehicle back to stock first.
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:55 am
by Zach
That only applies to Trinity. Although it is good practice if you're planning to update to return to stock first to as user adjustable selections are only updated after returning to stock.
FYI 8 Speed transmission support is now released in Trinity as well. Update your tools and you will be able to read/tune your transmission. There are still some unsupported calibrations floating around out there. if you run into one, let your trinity read it and send it over to us to add support.
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:48 pm
by 918SS
Any 8speed/6.2s out there try the new tranny update?
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:35 am
by mikel
918SS wrote:Any 8speed/6.2s out there try the new tranny update?
quite a few in other threads here.
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:45 am
by 06MonteSS
circaskittle wrote:mikel wrote:update your i2.
Restore the stock tune then reload and you will likely have TCM tunes if your TCM is up to date from GM

Are the TCM tunes for the i2 only? Will the i1000 be getting them?
Thanks.
no.. inTune i2 and Trinity only..
the inTune i1000 is not getting any new updates/vehicle support...
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 pm
by 918SS
So I updated my Trinity and it said I need to get an update from my dealership... Is this normal for a 2015?
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:45 pm
by Zach
The most current transmission updates are in this database.
Please return the engine to stock and load this to the tool.
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:21 am
by 918SS
Tried loading it but no luck. I guess I'll wait until it's in the new update.
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:52 am
by mikel
918SS wrote:Tried loading it but no luck. I guess I'll wait until it's in the new update.
what do you mean no luck?
what happened exactly?
Thans
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:45 am
by 918SS
I ended up just reloading everything and it worked. Now to do the butt test.
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:01 pm
by White Denali
So what did you find out? I got the 5.3 8 speed and the results are not that impressive. In fact I think it shifts softer than stock and doesn't hold gears any longer.
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:29 am
by 06MonteSS
shift points are not changed in the preset tcm tunes.. they only adjust shift pressure and how quick it shifts.. if you want it to hold gears longer, you need to modify the tcm tune yourself and adjust shift points..
Re: 2015 6.2l 8 speed
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:03 pm
by White Denali
Ah ok so I was right shift points have no been alerted. And to be honest the new 8 speed shifts fast and pretty firm stock it's very noticeable over a 6 speed. I thought they said shift points would be better in the tunes themselves? These trucks shift all the time so the benefits of holding the gears better would seem like 50hp was unlocked. A real let down I know I can go in and changed them but like they say on the tunes change at your risk and better off to pay you to do changes that are proven and safe. So monte I ask does your tunes alter them? I know first hand your ecm tunes are better but the tranny ones will be better as well hold gears better etc?