*** No TCM Support for your vehicle yet? JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

WhiteBuffalo
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

Is it Diablo's fault or GM's fault? I mean consider this.

Only GM would put a 4L60E in a Avalanche that weighs 7007 lbs. :normal: This is exactly why they ride clutches and play games to attempt to get it to last 100K miles which they RARELY do! :punisher:

I think they went to the TCM approach to cover up their lack of design abilities to make a robust drive train! :drivingbad:

Just my .02

WB :twisted:
05 Avalanche LT Z71 5.3 4.10, Volant CAI, Volant Ram Air Scoop, Corvette 2nd & Sonnax Super Hold 4th gear servo, KYB MonoMax.
Image
Grumpy_Aero_Guy
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm

Post by Grumpy_Aero_Guy »

WhiteBuffalo wrote:Is it Diablo's fault or GM's fault? I mean consider this.

Only GM would put a 4L60E in a Avalanche that weighs 7007 lbs. :normal: This is exactly why they ride clutches and play games to attempt to get it to last 100K miles which they RARELY do! :punisher:

I think they went to the TCM approach to cover up their lack of design abilities to make a robust drive train! :drivingbad:

Just my .02

WB :twisted:
I feel there is a lot of validity to what you say.

There is another issue though..... CAFE

A lot of the trannie and ECM games are done to tailor the car to meet emmissions and economy as well. Both cycles are canned profiles well known ahead of time.

Thus, tailor it up to do well, and performance be damned.

The top spin is this. There are a LOT of customers now, those who don't know better, that think a firm shifting trannie has "something wrong" with it.

Amazing
Grumpy Aero Guy, 07 Sierra 5.3, Diablo Tuned, CAI
DSLogRedux.com

Image

Image
WhiteBuffalo
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by WhiteBuffalo »

OK....SO.....explain a firm shift.

Should a tranny clunk at times when going from 2-3?

Should it feel like someone rear ended you when it shifts?

should it hesistate when starting from a stop and then suddenly engage?

Should it have a low whine that one can hear when riding in the cab with nothing on?

Should the 4x4 driveline have a grinding sound like metal to metal in muudy conditions, dirt, and snow?

Should the gearshift feel like it is hard to move at times? Like it's catching?

The reason I ask is because I have service calls where the dealer that holds my extended warranty keeps telling me these are normal and I'm "reading into things to find issues."

Man the 5.3L rocks but, everything it's attached to seems like it's complaining. (or is it just me complaining?)

I have always had a stick before this Avalanche. Maybe I just won't be happy with an auto tranny.

Not meaning to stir things up or jack the thread, I just can believe a vehicle that I thought was one of GMs finest is displaying anything to nit pick with after 33kmiles.

WB :twisted:
05 Avalanche LT Z71 5.3 4.10, Volant CAI, Volant Ram Air Scoop, Corvette 2nd & Sonnax Super Hold 4th gear servo, KYB MonoMax.
Image
Stevens07
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by Stevens07 »

Theres always a bad apple in the group. Certainly can't say they all do that.
Image

2007 GMC Sierra SLT Vmax. 4.10 gears, Bedrug, Boss MT100 20x8.5 wheels/Kumho STX tires, Extang Bed cover, Light of fire, Denali Grill, GM Performance Intake and DiabloSport
evadllig
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am

Post by evadllig »

I don't blame GM for anything Diablo has done or promised.....

That's Diablos problem - not GM's

GM's quality issues are for another discussion (IMHO)

In fact I think that blaming GM is just giving Diablo another excuse to wiggle out of their promise....
Image

2006 Trailblazer SS RWD - K&N AirCharger, Corsa Cat Back and of course the Diablo Predator U7191
uky2000
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by uky2000 »

Stevens07 wrote:I'm confused, Superchips can modify shift controls and diablo can't?


no i used superchip cortex in my denali it not even support tire adjusment only rev limit and speed limit and when i called them they said it Depends on the car and i lost 14 hp with cortex so perdator is batter
yukon denali 6.2 with k&n air intake sys+corsa exhaust sys+diablo tune
08 Corvette zo6 with k&n cai+corsa exhaust sys+diablo tune
09 mustang gt waiting for predator
05 mustang gt with P-1SC-1 procharger
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
evadllig
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am

Post by evadllig »

I feel like the bear.....
Image

2006 Trailblazer SS RWD - K&N AirCharger, Corsa Cat Back and of course the Diablo Predator U7191
ltxi
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 pm

Post by ltxi »

evadllig wrote:I don't blame GM for anything Diablo has done or promised.....

That's Diablos problem - not GM's

GM's quality issues are for another discussion (IMHO)

In fact I think that blaming GM is just giving Diablo another excuse to wiggle out of their promise....
I fully agree....DS has become almost as trustworthy as my second ex-wife. If it wasn't for the dedicated, unpaid support folk, this company would, or at least should, be in the toilet. And for anyone that's sick of my continued critical comments....rejoice...watching, but otherwise I'm off this board.
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
evadllig
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am

Post by evadllig »

Today's bump is brought to you by the letters D and O and the number 6......
Image

2006 Trailblazer SS RWD - K&N AirCharger, Corsa Cat Back and of course the Diablo Predator U7191
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Post by 06MonteSS »

Figured for sure it'd be K and Y...


LMAO LMAO !!!
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
Stevens07
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by Stevens07 »

LMAO
Image

2007 GMC Sierra SLT Vmax. 4.10 gears, Bedrug, Boss MT100 20x8.5 wheels/Kumho STX tires, Extang Bed cover, Light of fire, Denali Grill, GM Performance Intake and DiabloSport
08Hoe
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by 08Hoe »

Still No TCM support, Lets make Diablo buy our tuners back...........
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”