Leaving trinity connected drains battery on my challenger

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

SRTorRed6sp
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:46 pm

RE: Re: RE: Fixed the battery drain but note this

Post by SRTorRed6sp »

Yea Mike. I have confirmed it twice now. 2 times I left it sit for a week hooked up and it went dead. Then I tried disconnecting it and it sits for a week no probem.
TIGwelder
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:36 pm

RE: Re: RE: Fixed the battery drain but note this

Post by TIGwelder »

The fix works. Long term storage...I wouldn't suggest leaving it hooked up.

It's a lot better than it was, that's for sure. I will continue to disconnect it since I don't drive the car enough to always have the battery recharging to a full charge. My car may sit a week or more between drives.

It's drains a lot slower though and doesn't seem to be keeping anything active anymore and quick draining. Where it would drain .10 during a period of time, it will now drain like .01

====================

Since there are people not using their vehicles as daily drivers...

Either hard code a max time before forced power off

OR

New param idea "Power off completely after X days"
0=disabled
Then we push a button to wake it when we start the car.

- How it works
On every "monitoring_sleep_interval" check, it increments a counter.
Then compares counter to a max value
If max value is exceeded then power off completely



# === Basic logic behind idea ===

# I'll assume there is no system clock, so we'll create a max time based on seconds

# From added param sleep interval
$monitoring_sleep_interval=30

# From new idea for config param
$monitoring_days=2

# Reference:
# 3600 seconds in an hour
# 86400 seconds in a day

# Calculate max seconds by multiplying days by seconds in day
$power_off_seconds = ( $monitoring_days * 86400 )

# Convert max seconds into a counter based on sleep_interval increments
# So 2 days of seconds divided by 30...the counter would be 5760
$monitoring_max = ( $power_off_seconds / $monitoring _sleep_interval )

#----------------------------------------

# Add to sleep check code
# if monitoring_days not equal to 0

# Increment sleep check counter
$monitoring_sleep_count ++

# Check to see if counter has reached max counter value
# Max value is 5760 in example
# If so...power down completely
if monitoring_sleep_count >= $monitoring_max then power off

# === Bottom of logic ===

Den
forcefedjunkie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by forcefedjunkie »

This update is not on the download page and I don't see it in this thread. Am I missing it somewhere?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

the fix is in the latest incremental update available.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
forcefedjunkie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by forcefedjunkie »

I've downloaded the latest, trinity_u7135-1r07b_update.crom. But I don't see this option under "options" as described. I have selected 2010 Challenger 6.1L as my vehicle. Am I over looking it?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Kahler

Post by Kahler »

Ok, Im back here for info. Left for 3 days, accedintly left hooked up and batt DEAD. Do we have a download fix yet that works ?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

change sleep monitoring to 30 seconds.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”