Page 7 of 33
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:39 pm
by jsk06c6
take -5 out on your slope and do another run after 30-50 miles.
BTW, you had the perfect settings to get your ltft's, throttle and rpm.
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:43 pm
by bdiwha
Do all my numbers look alright though? I don't have anything crazy? I think I will adjust, and on the next log I will list all the sensor data, cause I have a few more readings when in 'diagnostic' that I believe are all electrical current readings for the o2s.
thanks
-dave
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:08 pm
by jsk06c6
bdiwha wrote:Do all my numbers look alright though? I don't have anything crazy? I think I will adjust, and on the next log I will list all the sensor data, cause I have a few more readings when in 'diagnostic' that I believe are all electrical current readings for the o2s.
thanks
-dave
Nothing that stikes me as being odd. I really don't look at some of the data you have listed though.
logging under load
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:40 pm
by CANUCKPREDATOR
I have 07 GMC Sierra 5.3l (NBS) and U7194 programmer. Just reading through and getting ready to do some logging and fine tuning and I had a thought. I pull a trailer quite a bit (travel trailer or ATV trailer loaded), would it make for more accurate settings for my out fit if I log under the conditions that it will be under most of the time. I'm thinking about logging with a trailer in tow and then make adjustments from there.
Is this logical or is my thought process flawed?
RE: logging under load
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:45 pm
by sickREDsierra
unless you tow your trailer 24/7... i would log my real time data without it attached, and get my fueling/spark where it needs to be. that will improve your towing performance alone.
RE: logging under load
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:57 pm
by CANUCKPREDATOR
would it make sense then to do a log and adjustments for towing and save it and install it when I am towing? and have a tune for when I'm running empty?
RE: logging under load
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:18 pm
by 06MonteSS
yeah, you can do that... but it'll be a lot of back and forth with exporting/importing tunes to/from the predator/PC...
RE: logging under load
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:21 am
by CANUCKPREDATOR
I'm gonna do some experimenting and if it is worth the time and effort to import/export a "towing tune" that has better performance and/or mileage, then I'll do it. I'll keep you guys posted on my results.
RE: logging under load
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:45 pm
by bdiwha
I seem to have my truck tuned fairly well, but every now and then it will give me a bit of spark knock and less power under WOT. I would like to run a log and see what it is at under WOT, but what are my optimum numbers going to be? What are my targets?
RE: logging under load
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:46 pm
by bdiwha
Oh, I had already posted my last readings in here, should be back on page six.
-Dave
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:18 am
by Torrid
Is the PE the WOT fuel? If that's the case, I was told to pull both from injector slope and this at the same time, then I'll zero out my lean/rich setting and leave my -8% setting I changed to and achieved -.78. I haven't taken it full throttle since the changes, but I'm starting to think this may be the reason why I'm getting light KR with more aggressive throttle since I changed both instead of just injector slope.
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 am
by 06MonteSS
yes, PE (Power Enrichment) is the WOT fueling...
Torrid, you could be getting the KR at WOT because you took out too much fuel in the PE settings and are now too lean...
I get my slope adjusted to get my ltft's at -1, and then leave my PE settings alone at the default 0 settings... and this gives me an AFR at WOT of 12.6 to 12.8....
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:43 pm
by Torrid
I think that did the trick. It almost scared me how hard it pulled with the proper settings, the tires ripped loose so fast I thought I was going to lose control of it on the rolling start. The car really came alive. I'd still like to check my AFR, but I'd say I'm probably in that range based on the huge difference in power I've felt.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 am
by 06MonteSS

nice!!! glad to hear it man!!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:02 am
by bdiwha
06MonteSS, what if my tuner does not display an actual AFR in the Diagnostic mode? What can I look at to calculate this, or is there something else I could monitor under WOT other than just cruising and looking for LTFTs?
-Dave