Customer Support? What's that?

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Decker

Customer Support? What's that?

Post by Decker »

Since there doesn't seem to be an escalation email for Diablosport, and I won't spend hours on hold to give this feedback, I'll leave it here so others can see my experience.

I have to say, I am pretty disappointed with the service I have received from Diablosport regarding my brand new Trinity 2 EX Platinum.

As someone who designs managed cloud computing services, I know firsthand how easy it is for technicians. I was planning on a complete Holley product build-up of my LM7, including a supercharger (well, it's not a Holley product here; they don't have one), intake, cam, and all that good stuff. This engagement has made me think again about that.

The responses to questions from whatever tech I'm currently dealing with are incomplete or flat-out unanswered. (They would not respond with their name, and their signature does not have a name.) I get the feeling that they don't give a rat's @$$ that my one-month-old device's screen fails after about an hour or two. So much for using it for a gauge cluster.

The response that my brand-new device will either be repaired (ok, I guess...) or replaced with a refurbished unit is absolutely insane. If I had not purchased it directly, I would have just returned it as defective and demanded my money back.

I have never had a negative interaction with support with my SCT tuner on my Powerstroke. Even when the product failed, they shipped me a new one, advanced, WITH my custom tunes already loaded. They also have an emergency line if the tuner borks while updating the ECU to help you do live troubleshooting via screen share, which mine did in that failure.

I hope someone in Diablosport's management chain sees this. Not for my own personal gain, but as a warning for the future. I expected better, but at least the same level of support I receive from SCT since Diablosport is owned by Holley.
mikel

Re: Customer Support? What's that?

Post by mikel »

Let me start by apologizing and saying that this is not how I think this should be handled. I will gladly get your device swapped out if it has physically fallen apart. That is certainly an extreme case and one that we can handle as needed.
Please email me at michaellitsch @ Holley.com and if possible forward the previous discussion and some shipping info and we’ll get you fixed up.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Decker

Re: Customer Support? What's that?

Post by Decker »

Thanks, Mike. I've seen that you are a stand-up guy and really are passionate about Diablosport, even after it was sold. Your responses to end clients of Diablosport is actually one of the reasons I made the leap to this product for my Chevy.

For everyone else that may read this, The device didn't fall apart; the screen either goes smoke Grey, colored horizontal bars, or black after a period of 1-4 hours.

It is a well-built device; I just think there is a faulty solder joint. It works well for a while and then heats up enough to lose contact. As the last 4 weeks have progressed the time before failure is decreasing, very similar to the hardware I used to support if it has a bad solder joint.