disabling V8 to V4 mode 07 Chevy Avalanche

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

snidebj

disabling V8 to V4 mode 07 Chevy Avalanche

Post by snidebj »

I have a 2007 Chevy Avalanche with the displacement on demand which switches from V8 to V4 mode and back as perimeters dictate. Can this annoying and distracting feature be disabled allowing the truck to be operated in V8 mode only?

Thank you great forum
mikel

RE: disabling V8 to V4 mode 07 Chevy Avalanche

Post by mikel »

We will look into this.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
snidebj

Re: RE: disabling V8 to V4 mode 07 Chevy Avalanche

Post by snidebj »

mikel wrote:We will look into this.

Thanks
Thanks for the quick reply I will hang out and see what the outcome is. My home phone is 315-769-3180.

When the Avalanche is in V8 mode it is smooth as silk, almost perfect and a pleasure to drive. But, when it switches back and forth into V4 the shudder and the miss is crazy. Also, at idle it idles so rough is shakes the truck back and forth. Dealer is saying normal I say there needs to be a fix or a way to disable!!

Thanks again
johan

RE: Re: RE: disabling V8 to V4 mode 07 Chevy Avalanche

Post by johan »

If you are willing to try a custom tune to disable the DoD, please e-mail me your backup and we can try it out, if it works we might add it in as an optional tune as there seems to be a demand for this.
Johan< @ >DiabloSport.com
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
snidebj

Post by snidebj »

If Diablo has a fix or disable for the annoying headache then they should get a lot of calls for this type of custom tune. I cannot believe that GM would release a vehicle to inconvienence the buying public just to get their gas mileage numbers.

Would this custom tune invalidate the warranty. since the Avalanche only has 500 miles on it?
mikel

Post by mikel »

This tune would apply to the vehicle just like any of our Predator tunes, meaning you can restore the original backup (stock tune) to the vehicle any time you need to take the truck to the dealer, and they will never know it happened.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Spartus

Post by Spartus »

SnideBJ,

Have you noticed any MPG increases with the tune? I have a U7194 on order and will be getting it soon. I was thinking of loading the 91 octane tune, but then lowering the WOT spark advance from 4k-6k, and then running 87 octane. I'd then monitor the spark retard feature to see if I was getting any retard while doing regular cruising. I'm tired of getting 14mpg on the highway with my new 07 Crew cab... It's sad because my 93 used to get 16 on the highway.

My Email is Spartus@charter.net if you wish to compare notes.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Spartus wrote:SnideBJ,

Have you noticed any MPG increases with the tune? I have a U7194 on order and will be getting it soon. I was thinking of loading the 91 octane tune, but then lowering the WOT spark advance from 4k-6k, and then running 87 octane. I'd then monitor the spark retard feature to see if I was getting any retard while doing regular cruising. I'm tired of getting 14mpg on the highway with my new 07 Crew cab... It's sad because my 93 used to get 16 on the highway.

My Email is Spartus@charter.net if you wish to compare notes.
These tunes should show a small gain in mileage.
The u7194 has 93 and 87 octane tunes for the trucks.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
johan

Post by johan »

Well looks like i found where to disable the DoD. Since i do not have a local truck nearby I would be willing to write some custom tunes with the DoD disabled for anyone who would like to try it. Please e-mail me with your original backup and i will make a custom tune, please specify what octane you would like it for.
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, I am not sure about the former.
Aaronr

Post by Aaronr »

Is this only for 2007 trucks?
johan

Post by johan »

Yes for any of the trucks with DoD.
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

snidebj

Post by snidebj »

johan wrote:Yes for any of the trucks with DoD.
Since I've been relying on a friend with a vette tune. Will that handle the 2007 Avalanche as well?

Its great news if the "DOD" can be disabled without any hiccups?

In reference to gas mileage stock without a tune its worse than my 05 Cadillac Escalade 6.0 liter AWD!

This mode - switching between V8 and V4 to increase mileage is a joke and a wicked annoyance. GM tried this back in the early 80's with the V8-6-4 to increase mileage it was trash!
johan

Post by johan »

I do not quite understand your question. The programmer for 06-07 corvette will work on the 07 avalanche as well.
Diablosport INC
Research & Development

snidebj

Post by snidebj »

johan wrote:I do not quite understand your question. The programmer for 06-07 corvette will work on the 07 avalanche as well.
Sorry about the way the question was typed!

If Steve emails you his backup, will his programmer work on my 07 Avalanche or is it VIN # specific?

Again, I apolagize
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, the tunes are VIN specific.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com