Shop flashed Tcm/ecm with installation of trans..

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

mikeshonda750f

Shop flashed Tcm/ecm with installation of trans..

Post by mikeshonda750f »

So I have a 2015 sierra and have been running a canned tune with an i3. Truck is stock.

Recently I had a remanufactured trans installed (torque converter bit the dust after 155k) and part of the process they updated/flashed the TCM PCM.

My question is, how does that affect my "back up" stored in my i3 of my factory flash? The last thing i wanna do is start from scratch by flashing my stock image to the ECU and suddenly the TCM trips out because it's seeing something different in the trans.

I've recently been toying with trans calibrations in a ford (solenoid strategy and IDs) and just don't wanna run into any issues with my GM though I think that particular item is a ford issue.

Ultimately I just wanna install a canned tune from my i3, but want to be able to flash back to stock in the event that my warrantied trans decides to flake out. Would much rather flash back the stock tune and pretend I wasn't in there... or would you recommend I don't toy with it while it's under warranty? Ignore the backup and flash as is? Or reset the i3 as if it's new and backup the existing tune?

Thanks in advance
mikel

Re: Shop flashed Tcm/ecm with installation of trans..

Post by mikel »

you really should always restore the stock tune anytime the dealer is going to work on the car, as in this case. They flashed the tcm which changes the calibration, making the stored backup for the tcm in the i3 almost dangerous. Its unclear if they flashed the ECM as well, so thats an unknown.

You should give us a call before you attempt to do anything so we cna reset the device. You may then have to work with us to get the ecm back to stock unless they flashed it as well.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com