GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Shortpump

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: just purchased my u7192

Post by Shortpump »

I got the Newer style 9xxx Predator U7193 for a 2005 Silverado 4x4 with the 5.3l, a S&B CAI, Throttle body spacer, Transmission servo. I also have gutted cats and 12" cherrybomb glasspacks. My check engine light stays on all the time so i would need that cut off. I have been thinking about a 3000 stall and long tube headers. What can I expect from my truck with those other 2 mods and a Diablew Tune??
davecarpe

Re: GM gas Predator hardware upgrade program in place!

Post by davecarpe »

I picked up a Predator U7198 very cheap on ebay. Unfortunately it is locked and it is a very old one (software version 1.03). I was looking at the upgrade program and paying the unlocking fee and I wanted to know if this is still available.

Now I see you also talking about a trade in on a new Trinity. That might be even better. Is that still available? Do I also have t pay to unlock the Predator I have (in check case it doesn't really save me anything).

I am trying to determine my best choices.

I saw some instructions on unlocking a predator on the internet but I don't see the point in buying a download kit to try to unlock it and maybe rendering it useless or my truck dead.

I have a 2001 Chevy Suburban. I have a Airaid intake and throttle body spacer on it with Synthetic lluids and I am adding Accel Coils, Iridium Plugs and electric fan and a BBK throttle body today.

Eventually I want to add headers and a new exhaust and then get some custom tunes.

If you have advice on the best direction, I am interesting on hearing it :)
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

trade it in and get the Trinity... the predator's have been discontinued now anyway as of a few months ago...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
davecarpe

Post by davecarpe »

Monte,

Thank you. I also spoke to Tech Support and that is exactly what I decided to do.

I just filled out the RMA and sent it in.

We will be talking about customer tunes at some point, after I use and understand the tool better.

Thank you for the advice and all great info here in the forums! :twisted:
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

awesome, sounds good man!

and thanks for the good words, I appreciate it! :)
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
TurboBuRick

Post by TurboBuRick »

I have a predator. Came with a truck I purchased. Was working fine then display went blank. Back light works no data on screen.

It has no serial number on case and I don't have receipt. What are my options? Do I still qualify for the trade in?

TIA

Rick
mikel

Post by mikel »

trade in is available for anyone, but ideally, you should set it back to stock if possible before using a new tool.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
TurboBuRick

Post by TurboBuRick »

How can I set it back to stock if the display on the predator is blank???

And what do I put in the required fields of the rma form? I don't have receipt or serial number.
TurboBuRick

Post by TurboBuRick »

Mike, what are my options for getting the vehicle back to stock? The display on the predator shows nothing.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

their gone for the holiday man... call 'em up Wednesday morning...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
TurboBuRick

Post by TurboBuRick »

I'll call today. :crashing:
tiger013

Post by tiger013 »

Are you guys still doing the trade in credit for predators(u7194)? Thanks.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes they are.. send an email to support@diablosport.com and they can give you the info
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune