07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

MAXstealthtt
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm

07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update

Post by MAXstealthtt »

HELP installed rev 9r06 in my u7194 then installed in my truck. Now my truck doesn't turn over. Tried to reinstall original but predator can't find vehicle, disconnected battery for 1/2 hr tried again. Nothing 07nbs max ec
gump2388
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 pm

RE: 07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update

Post by gump2388 »

hey man i just went thru the same thing. i know u aint going to wanna here this but they had to replace the pcm. i had 9r05 working then i updated to 9r06 and the truck no longer communicated with the predator and it would not start. theres a relay in the fuse panel under the hood clicking and a fan or something running in the rear end. the relay was labeled power train. keep me updated.
shaffed
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:21 am

RE: 07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update

Post by shaffed »

I wish I would have looked at this thread before I did the exact same thing. 07 Vortecmax dead and just clicking. Mine Predator will not restore the original backup due to not recognizing the vehicle. I guess I will have it towed to the shop to have them fix it. After the dealer gets me going again how do I turn back the firmware in my Predator so I can use it to tune again?
07 Silverado 6.0L
Predator 7194
gump2388
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 pm

RE: 07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update

Post by gump2388 »

dang so theres 3 dead trucks cause of the predator. idk how to unlock it they have to do it over the phone. i wished i would have stayed with 9r05. atleast i have a running truck though. good luck and i feel ur pain. i called the roadside assistant number on the glass.
shaffed
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:21 am

RE: 07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update

Post by shaffed »

Is there no way to fix the Predator and then have it dump the original tune back into the truck to get it going again or am I stuck paying a dealer to fix my truck?
07 Silverado 6.0L
Predator 7194
gump2388
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 pm

RE: 07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update

Post by gump2388 »

U should call diablo first and see if it will take the force update. Mine wouldnt the dealer said tje ecm wasnt grounding that realy ur hearing i they had to replace the computer cause they couldnt talk to it
gump2388
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 pm

RE: 07 vortecmax dead after 9r06 update

Post by gump2388 »

i hope they figure it out until they do i aint going back to using it i dont wanna have to go thru that again. i have a original file uploaded for them to try it on there test pcm. hope they download it and use it.
bosro
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by bosro »

I was just gonna put the 9R06 in then I read this.
I've had to get my truck "forced" before.
Call them up and they guide you thru the process.
No real problems after it's done but I am very uneasy when this happens!
"Is it gonna start or not" runs thru your brain!!
I guess I'll put the custom tune(which is probably the same as the 9R06) back in and wait and see.
shaffed
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:21 am

Post by shaffed »

I talked to Diablo. They can't force the original tune back in because the 9r06 update wiped the memory on my truck and it will not communicate with it now. They said call back when I get it back from the dealer with the factory tune installed and they will help me reset my Predator and roll it back to 9r05. I have not heard from the Dealer yet to verify that it is just a memory loss and not a fried PCM.
07 Silverado 6.0L
Predator 7194
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

No if's, and's or but's, the PCM is fine.
If they try to tell you any different, tell them you will pick it up and send it to us.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
bosro
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by bosro »

So is there a problem with the new update on the VMax or not???
I'm not touching the update till I know some more!!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

You cant get to the update any more, it has been taken off the web until we figure this out.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
MAXstealthtt
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm

Post by MAXstealthtt »

just spoke with support. They said my computer was erased by 9r06 so I have to get it to the dealer and get it reprogramed. They also said the new gm programs have a security in them that blocks flash programers so I shouldn't be surprised if my predator no longer works but not to fear because they are working on an update to get around it. (not like tcm I hope)
ib82
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Post by ib82 »

Looks like I got lucky then. Installed the 9r06 87 tune on my 5.3 and within a few minutes of driving, the ABS and E-Brake light came on and the ABS quit. Stock tire size, no other modifications to the tune.

Luckily, I was able to return the truck to the factory tune with no ill effects.

Can the 9r05 be made available again so that I can at least use my predator until the new tune is fixed?
shaffed
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:21 am

Post by shaffed »

Hey Mikel don't know if this helps. ib82 put in 9r06 with no mods and he did not get totally wiped. I was putting in 9r06 with tire size mod when I got killed.
07 Silverado 6.0L
Predator 7194
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”