Page 1 of 1
Ram SO Cat 6 & K&N P0402
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2026 8:55 am
by cataylor
I have this combo installed. Intake is causing the P0402 code to set. Cleared it a few times then removed the intake to confirm. Any way to tune this out with the Cat 6 or do I need to just forget the intake?
Re: Ram SO Cat 6 & K&N P0402
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2026 11:39 am
by mikel
Is there an EGR ;line connected to the CAI?
We have tons of Cat6 users also running that CAI, so Im not sure why you would have a code.
Check with the 3.0TT Ram FB group, lots of guys with that same combo in there, maybe they can shed some light.
We cant disable any tunes codes by law.
Thanks
Re: Ram SO Cat 6 & K&N P0402
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2026 12:18 pm
by cataylor
Mike, thanks for the reply. No, there is no EGR hose to the intake. I put the intake back on yesterday after talking to Moe's Performance and sent them pics of the install; it set the code again after ~35 miles
Re: Ram SO Cat 6 & K&N P0402
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 7:07 pm
by cataylor
@Mikel FYI, I was unable to get it to work. I got close with rotating the intake tube where the MAF was more vertical, but it was still throwing the code after a period. Looking at the trends, the LTFT was up around +16%. I'm assuming the MAF is underreporting due to the change in the intake tube and the engine thought the extra air was coming from the EGR but idk. Not sure why some vehicles run it fine and others do not.
Re: Ram SO Cat 6 & K&N P0402
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 9:32 am
by mikel
interesting. may be a programming tolerance or sensor variation.