Page 1 of 1
TKSR 07 Silverado NBS
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:09 pm
by cataylor
I did a log today and I am getting a pretty good bit to Knock at WOT. I also get a little bit when it kicks back into 8 cyl. from 4 cyl. I am not sure if it is enough to be worried about but it probably isn't helping anything. I just wanted someone to look at it and give me their opinion. I am using Exxon Supreme Gas and get no knock any other time. The tune is a custom tune that Lew did for me and this will be the first time he has had a chance to look at it since it was done.
RE: TKSR 07 Silverado NBS
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:14 am
by 06MonteSS
yeah, the KR you're getting is in the lower rpm range, below 2500rpm... the other blips of 0.xxxx you're getting, if you notice the timestamps in the log, are there for only tenths or hundredths of a second, nothing to worry about there.... it looks worse because you logged with a laptop, so you get more data points at a faster samplling rate... that's why ya gotta look at the timestamp...
now, for the KR you're getting in the low rpm range on take-off, you try adding +2 to the PE fueling in the low rpm range... do that first, then do another WOT log and see how the KR is... if it doesn't improve, remove some timing (spark advance) from the lower rpm range... start by going -5% - that's about 1* of timing. then do another WOT log and see if it improves... if it does, but there's still some there, go another -5% for a total of -10% in the low rpm range for the spark advance, then re-log and check again.
RE: TKSR 07 Silverado NBS
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:45 am
by CANUCKPREDATOR
also log in 3 gear, that way the DOD won't kick in and give you any issues
RE: TKSR 07 Silverado NBS
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:54 am
by 06MonteSS
for steady crusing/driving logs, yeah... but the DOD doesn't come into play for WOT anyway... which is where he's gettin some KR...
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:37 am
by cataylor
Will do. Thanks for the help. I am fixing to go back offshore for 2 weeks but I will let you know how it works out.