coolant temp difference fault(like 180 degree t-stat)

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
bremo76
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:58 pm

coolant temp difference fault(like 180 degree t-stat)

Post by bremo76 »

Hello,
I have a predator for my 2007 dodge charger. Custom CMR tune for K&N CAI, flowmater 40 series and that's it. I have the police charger oil cooler installed on my car, I DID NOT CHANGE MY T-STAT. I continuely get the coolant temp difference fault just like I have a 180 degree t-stat on my car below 60 degree out side when I drive. I always let the car warm up before I start driving also. Can anyone please explain this and how to fix it?

thank you
Brian
ZMagnum
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 3:59 pm

RE: coolant temp difference fault(like 180 degree t-stat)

Post by ZMagnum »

The code is used to let you know that your t-stat is broken (stuck open). It's possible your t-stat is broken. Replace it with a stock one and see if the code goes away. If you continue to get the code it possible that the police oil cooler is just doing too good of a job cooling your engine.
Quick
Posts: 1283
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:34 am

Re: RE: coolant temp difference fault(like 180 degree t-stat

Post by Quick »

ZMagnum wrote:If you continue to get the code it possible that the police oil cooler is just doing too good of a job cooling your engine.
I don't think they're THAT effective :shock: :D
2006 Magnum SRT8
AFE Stage II
Mopar Cat Back
185* T-stat
RDP tune by Steve
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Dodge Gas”