2004 GMC Denali - tune not 'taking'
-
ElectricLunchBx
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:14 am
2004 GMC Denali - tune not 'taking'
I did several searches trying to isolate the problem prior to making a post. I apologize if there is a duplicate thread I missed. When installing the tune my transmission settings are not 'taking' (the torque management is still on and the pressure/speed of the shifts are unchanged). This is a newer predator model that I purchased in November of 2008. I completed a move during that time and lost the instructions regarding which fuses need to be pulled prior to installation. Could this be the culprit and if so what fuses should be pulled during this process? Thank you and again I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere in the forum.
-
CANUCKPREDATOR
- Posts: 1617
- Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:58 pm
RE: 2004 GMC Denali - tune not
Did it ask to install the tune, after you made the modifications to the tune?
- mikel
- Posts: 58772
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: 2004 GMC Denali - tune not
Try raising the line pressure a bit...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
ElectricLunchBx
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:14 am
RE: 2004 GMC Denali - tune not
I have used a predator in the past (My supercharged Bullitt had a custom tune loaded) and the procedure was the same. I have the line pressure up a few pounds, the speed increased and the torque management to 'off'. It is apparent the torque management is still on. I am wondering if not pulling the recommended fuses may have had an impact on it. Again, I don't have the original instructions (lost in the move) and I don't remember which fuses need to be pulled. If I could get that information maybe I could attempt to reload the tune and see if that helps?
- mikel
- Posts: 58772
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: 2004 GMC Denali - tune not
Fuses do not matter.
Make sure you installed the performance tune and not the factory hp tune and it should be good to go.
Make sure you installed the performance tune and not the factory hp tune and it should be good to go.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: 2004 GMC Denali - tune not
I also have a 2004 GMC Sierra Denali I have to remove fuse to tune my truck, the radio, radio amp, and info(onstar)