Page 1 of 1
Gear ratio snafu
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:22 am
by Gustav
So, the rocket scientist that installed my supercharger put in a 3.72 gear ratio thus overriding the 4.1 that was already in the predator tune. The correct one is 4.10 BTW - I checked.
I drove about 375 miles before I checked and entered the 4.1. What happens with a wrong gear ratio if left alone long enough?
RE: Gear ratio snafu
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:56 am
by mikel
Not sure I am following this, but it sounds like you tuned the truck for a 4.10 gear, but you actually have a 3.73?
Just reenter the 3.73 gear ratio in the tune, and all will be fixed.
Thanks
RE: Gear ratio snafu
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:29 pm
by Gustav
The supercharger installer put in 3.73 and it should have been 4.1 (which it originally was in the accompanying predator) i.e. he changed it from 4.1 to 3.73.
I have since corrected it to 4.1. My question is: what kind of damage, if any, would occur if the incorrect gear ratio was left in?
RE: Gear ratio snafu
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:58 pm
by johan
Nothing substantial. 3.73 to 4.10 is not that big of a jump, if you went from 2.73 to 4.10 then you might have issues during shifting but no real damage would occur.