Page 1 of 1

Having problems with plug wires on my 99 z28

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:56 am
by ~RAM~
I kno this isn't the right place but I come to this forum more often.
But I have a 99 z28 camaro an I got Taylor wires on it an my plug boots lay on my headers an it's melting thru completely was wondering if any one else has had this problem an if so what wires can I buy to stop this? Or any with bendable boots
any info would be much appreciated.

plug wires

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 am
by Mike_LS1
I used a set of MSD 8.5 mm wires when I installed longtubes on my '00 Z-28. Haven't had any problems with them touching the headers.

RE: plug wires

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 am
by mikel
I have the same MSDs, (actually on my second set).

Cant beat the price, and they have no issues with my headers.

RE: plug wires

Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:16 pm
by ~RAM~
Ok thank u both.
I'll buy a set.
Much appreciate the input