First datalog, what's it telling me

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

First datalog, what's it telling me

Post by JackFlash »

I just did my first data log on my 09 challenger 5.7 today. I would like to know what it is telling me, and if there is anything you guys can see that should be adjusted. My ST knock is a little high, I think. Thanks for all the help and comments.
Last edited by JackFlash on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JQ3
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 pm

RE: First datalog, what

Post by JQ3 »

Won't open.
2008 Super Bee #165 - K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster Super 44's
JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

RE: First datalog, what

Post by JackFlash »

how do I upload so it will? I just used the upload file tool for the post and went straight to the log file itself.
Cruisin1966
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm

RE: First datalog, what

Post by Cruisin1966 »

A lot of us are having to host the log files on other servers. Megaupload.com should work. Then post up the URL to the file.
2007 Sublime Daytona #082/150
McKinney catch can (to be installed)
JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by JackFlash »

Cruisin1966 wrote:A lot of us are having to host the log files on other servers. Megaupload.com should work. Then post up the URL to the file.
I can't figure out how to use that site either.

As far as ST knock, I am getting 4.500 between 5000-6000rpm. Anything under 5000 is mostly "0". I think that is my main concern to be looking at?

LT knock is "0" always.
JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by JackFlash »

Here is a link to my log file...hope this one works.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OP0C660Z
Cruisin1966
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by Cruisin1966 »

That worked. Try adding 5% to the WOT Fuel in each of the 4000-4800 and 5000-7000 rpm ranges and log again. Perhaps next log you could add Accelerator Pedal Position % as well????
2007 Sublime Daytona #082/150
McKinney catch can (to be installed)
JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by JackFlash »

Thanks man!!! Throttle blade position is not the same? Maybe I will have time tonight to do another one.
JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by JackFlash »

This log is with 5% more fuel, w/accelerator pedal position
It looks like 4000-4800 is good and 5000-7000 could use more? I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=88KXF9B9
Cruisin1966
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by Cruisin1966 »

I see a lot of ST knk while cruising, strange. Anyway, I'd probably go with the following:
5% : 0-3800
10% : 4000-4800
10% : 5000-7000

Try these and then log again. See if you can't find the PID called "Accelerator Pedal Position" to replace the two you did use.
2007 Sublime Daytona #082/150
McKinney catch can (to be installed)
JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by JackFlash »

Will do!!! Thank you for all your help!!
JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by JackFlash »

Well, here is the log with the 5-10-10 settings. I turned on everything that had to do with throttle position. Hopefully I got the right one on for you. Looks like it is getting better! By the way, this is a custom dyno tune we are working on that I paid to have done.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8AZCIQYA
Cruisin1966
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by Cruisin1966 »

Seriously? It's a CMR and you're needing to jack with it? Holy!!!
2007 Sublime Daytona #082/150
McKinney catch can (to be installed)
JackFlash
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Re: RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by JackFlash »

Cruisin1966 wrote:Seriously? It's a CMR and you're needing to jack with it? Holy!!!
YUP!!! I am going to send this thread to the tuner when we are all done, and see what he has to say. I am not too thrilled with his tuning ability, but they are the only shop here in Portland that does it. I sent him the original log and haven't heard back at all.
Cruisin1966
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 pm

RE: Re: RE: First datalog, what

Post by Cruisin1966 »

Looked at your file. Next time you log, select the "Default_DCX_07" dashboard from the drop down list. That should have the Accelerator Pedal Position PID.

Anyway, back to the task at hand. I still see a bit too much ST knk (for my liking) in the 4000-4800 and 5000-7000 range. Maybe you could try a 7/15/15 combination and see if that helps?
2007 Sublime Daytona #082/150
McKinney catch can (to be installed)
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Dodge Gas”