Page 1 of 1

2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm
by 98rt_canadian
2004 SRT-4

I cannot get my Trinity to restore the original backup so I can update.

2 thing happen when I go into the performance menu:

1) It keeps asking me to turn the ignition on when it is.
2) When I do get into the performance menu and try to restore I get an error message: PCM: Bootup string missing/ VPP issue.

I have tried reseating the cables many times. No luck.

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 pm
by BoostingSnail
what crom version is currently loaded?

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 am
by 98rt_canadian
version 1t05f

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:45 am
by mikel
Hmmm...try it again making sure the e-brake is pulled....happened to have this exact same issue in house a week or so ago.

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 pm
by 98rt_canadian
It appears to be a connection problem at the Trinity.

Once I managed to get into monitoring and actually monitor the car I started playing around with the cord and connectors. At the Trinity, if I put even the SLIGHTEST DOWNWARD pressure on the connector the monitoring would freeze. Applying a very LIGHT UPWARD PRESSURE on the connector would resume the live monitoring function.

I believe my connector is fully seated as the locking tabs are in.

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:40 pm
by gizmodo
As I said on the other forum, you really have to push hard.

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:27 am
by 98rt_canadian
As I said the locking tabs are in. If both tabs are locked the connection should be reliable. Pushing the connector up or down breaks the connection not pushing it in or out.

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:11 am
by gizmodo
It doesn't sound like that's the case. What happens if you pull on the connector?

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:37 am
by mikel
Do you have a turbo timer?

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:22 pm
by 98rt_canadian
This is a connection problem at the Trinity. Applying very small force downward and trinity does not respond. Apply very slight force upward, trinity begins responding. This is not in/out force on the connector its up/down

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:32 am
by mikel
OK, PM me an address and I'll get a new cable out to you.

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:11 pm
by 98rt_canadian
PM sent

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:58 pm
by 98rt_canadian
I just received my new cable from DiabloSport.

It has completely resolved the issue.

RE: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:33 am
by mikel
Friggin awesome....

Re: 2004 srt4 Cannot update Trinity

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:31 pm
by 403srt4
Hey guys I'm having the same issue with my trinity. Only difference is I cannot connect at all. I keep getting "make sure key is to the ON position" after wiggling it around and putting light pressure up on the cord all I get is "please unplug tool and try again". I have an aftermarket deck with subs and an amp and I have tried pulling the fuses. I have no aftermarket electronics other than gauges but It was doing this before I put them in. I'm running a stage 1 ecu right now and wanted to go back to the 93 tune. Tried connecting to my buddies srt, same year and same results. I should also mentioned I purchased another cord because this happened once before. So I've tried connecting on 2 different cords on 2 different srt 's.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Justin