Page 1 of 2
U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:53 pm
by ZMagnum
I'm currently running 9r18 on my U7135 on a 2008 Magnum 5.7L. I have tried and tried to turn off EGR but leave MDS on or turn off MDS but leave EGR on. I can only turn off both EGR and MDS or turn on both EGR and MDS. I know this is true because I can hear EGR kicking on and I can feel and hear the MDS surge.
So my question is this. On newer CROMs you eliminated the ability to turn off EGR because of the EPA. That's all fine but what about MDS? If EGR and MDS are really tied together somehow like I've encountered, then will I not be able to turn off MDS if I upgrade the CROM? (The only reason I would upgrade to a newer CROM is to gain some feature that I'm hoping you will add later like TCM control for shift points).
RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:13 pm
by brandy16
posted twice
RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:18 pm
by brandy16
You can not hear the EGR kicking in and you can not hear the MDS kicking in and out. You can feel the MDS kicking in and out. Try returning the car to stock and then reinstall the tune.. I checked the down load page and I believe you should be running the 9r09. I did not even see the 9r18 that you said you have. Are you sure you downloaded the update for the U7135.
Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:54 pm
by ZMagnum
brandy16 wrote:You can not hear the EGR kicking in and you can not hear the MDS kicking in and out. You can feel the MDS kicking in and out. Try returning the car to stock and then reinstall the tune.. I checked the down load page and I believe you should be running the 9r09. I did not even see the 9r18 that you said you have. Are you sure you downloaded the update for the U7135.
9r18 is the last CROM available before they removed EGR/O2 sensor menu items (turn off). I downloaded it when it was available.
Yes, you can hear EGR kicking on and off. It's very clear. Sounds like an exhaust leak. I can hear the EGR pump click as well. EGR kicks on when you are under light throttle.
I can hear and feel MDS because of the tune and my exhuast mods. Dodge engineers did a good job of hiding it on a stock car but mine isn't stock due to the tune and the exhaust.
When I turn off EGR and MDS I don't hear either sounds and don't feel the MDS bump.
I sorta know what I'm talking about.
RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:32 pm
by brandy16
Well
RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:33 pm
by brandy16
Well your the only one who can hear the EGR. I have been using the predator for a few years now and I have never heard the EGR. Do you even know where its located.I bet you dont
RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:42 pm
by cleary524
ZMag...I'm laughing reading this. Not sure if it helps you any but I could email you 9r17...not sure if it works on the 08's though.
...and yes I can hear and feel my MDS going on and off under load or unloaded conditions....same for EGR....If on, you can hear a slight distinct ticking vs. off.
PM me on LXforums if you want me to email you the 9r17
Re: RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:27 am
by ZMagnum
cleary524 wrote:ZMag...I'm laughing reading this. Not sure if it helps you any but I could email you 9r17...not sure if it works on the 08's though.
...and yes I can hear and feel my MDS going on and off under load or unloaded conditions....same for EGR....If on, you can hear a slight distinct ticking vs. off.
PM me on LXforums if you want me to email you the 9r17
Thanks but I had the same EGR+MDS issue with older CROMs as well. I thought I had it working at one point but it wasn't. I can turn them both off and of course both on, I just can't turn off one or the other independently. That's why I'm questioning how the newest CROMs that don't have an EGR off option in the menu are able to turn off MDS only.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:30 am
by bighemitex
new croms don't have the egr option because of an issue with the EPA, i don't think it was related to MDS
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:38 pm
by brandy16
The ticking you hear is not the egr guys. Its a common complaint from 5.7 owners and it is the solenoid for the evac system. The EGR is only open when the engine is up to temp. You can hear the ticking as soon as you start the car with a cold engine. How old are you guys you sound like a bunch of kids you have no clue as to what you are talking about.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:06 pm
by ZMagnum
Still waiting to hear from someone at Diablosport on this question.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 pm
by mikel
MDS disable is still there and works fine....
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 pm
by AZOTH99
So my queston is if I have not updated my predator and still have the ability to delete EGR and want to keep that ablitlity. Will updating it get rid of that ability?
I know a fe people do the EGR delete mod on our 5.7's and if we switch to a 6.1 intake like many of us do it gets rid of EGR also. What will the people that do those mods have to do. If I update my predator now to the current crom file and and later upgrade to a 6.1 intake like I am planning on doing, will I not be able to go back to an old Crom file? Or will I be S.O.L.? and not be able to upgrade to a 6.1 intake?
I have a pre 08 5.7L and just came back from overseas so I"m thinking about updating everything while I do a bit of work to the motor. but if it's better not to then I'll leave it as it is.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:35 pm
by AZOTH99
Bump this thread as no one answered my question as I had to ask it again due to no response on this thread?
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: U7135 EGR+MDS question.
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:23 pm
by ZMagnum
Speaking only about the U7135 if you are running a CROM newer than 9r18 you can't delete EGR or the rear O2 sensors. There may be a way to downgrade back to 9r18 or 9r12 if you want that ability. It depends on what year your car is.