Dumb EGR question...
Moderator: mikel
Dumb EGR question...
Is there any way to turn off the EGR with my Trinity? I have an EGR plate installed, just tired of looking at the light and clearing the code. Also, is it common to not have a EGT over 550 degrees. haven't done any heaving towing yet, just making sure that didn't sound like maybe there was an issue with the sensor.
I EAT WS-6
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Dumb EGR question...
550 is kinda low, what tune are you running/
We dont offer any EGR delete tunes, due to EPA regulations....have you looked into the finger stick?
We dont offer any EGR delete tunes, due to EPA regulations....have you looked into the finger stick?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I am running the 85hp tune. I was thinking they were a little low. I first questioned if I had made an error in setting the parameters when I set up the EGT sensor, but I did it again as it was explained in the manual.
I EAT WS-6
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Dumb EGR question...
using our EGT kit?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I wouldn't use anything else!
I EAT WS-6
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Dumb EGR question...
K...lemme check on something.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Dumb EGR question...
try rescaling a new EGT gauge and se 0-1500* for the range.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I will do that, thanks.
I EAT WS-6
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I did re scale it to 0-1500, but now it only runs 290-320* down the highway at 75mph. Is it possible to gave the thermocoupler installed too close to the turbo?
I EAT WS-6
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Dumb EGR question...
No, too close should not be a problem.
Lemme look into this.
Lemme look into this.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Maybe while uncovering the answer to this issue, you can find out why it falls on it's face at WOT
I EAT WS-6
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Dumb EGR question...
That should not happen, never heard of that.....got a dirty fuel filter?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Dumb EGR question...
I will know today when I change it. I have only had it for a month. Dealer said it was just changed, but you know how that goes! I wanted to replace it with MY brand anyway.
I EAT WS-6
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
The thing runs like a stripped-ass ape at 1/4 - 1/2 throttle, but on the floor, feels like an old four-barrel that would die out when you would mash it, then slowly take off.
I EAT WS-6
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
2006 GMC Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SLT. Trinity tuned w full exhaust, downpipe, EGT sensor, CAI, EGR Block, TransGo jr
2006 Pontiac GTO LS2...Predator tuned w too many other mods to list.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Dumb EGR question...
yeah, that points to a fuel fiilter for sure.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]