Page 1 of 1

Tune wont upload

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:03 pm
by 06stang
I've got an 06 mustang gt with the c&l kit/predator tuner.

I purchased the kit used. When i plug it in and try to access the performance tune option, it says that my vehicle is not in our database. my cal id is FBNE0G5.

what do i need to do?

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:09 pm
by LightningMike03
What model Predator do you have?

Re: Tune wont upload

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 pm
by kmac1
06stang wrote:I've got an 06 mustang gt with the c&l kit/predator tuner.

I purchased the kit used. When i plug it in and try to access the performance tune option, it says that my vehicle is not in our database. my cal id is FBNE0G5.

what do i need to do?
Make sure you have part # U7140, then verify you have the latest update in your Predator. The latest is 8r37, you can see your revision at the top of the screen when it powers up. If you are not on 37 then you can download it here. All the instructions for updating are on this page too.

Thanks,
Kevin@DiabloSport

RE: Re: Tune wont upload

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 pm
by 06stang
I have the predator that says 05 Mustang on the back, i'm sure it the U7140.

I purchased the car used, and i believe it was previously tuned due to the supercharged it had on it. They took the blower off, but left the larger injectors and MAFia unit attached. I swaped out the injectors for a set of stock injectors then took the MAFia off and it was pulling all kinds of codes. So i put the MAFia back on and it runs fine.

Do i need to go to the dealer and have them flash my computer before I put the predator tune on? There is an original tune on my predator, but its not from my car..it is from the previous owners 05 mustang.

Re: RE: Re: Tune wont upload

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:57 pm
by kmac1
06stang wrote:I have the predator that says 05 Mustang on the back, i'm sure it the U7140.

I purchased the car used, and i believe it was previously tuned due to the supercharged it had on it. They took the blower off, but left the larger injectors and MAFia unit attached. I swaped out the injectors for a set of stock injectors then took the MAFia off and it was pulling all kinds of codes. So i put the MAFia back on and it runs fine.

Do i need to go to the dealer and have them flash my computer before I put the predator tune on? There is an original tune on my predator, but its not from my car..it is from the previous owners 05 mustang.
This is definitely not the easy way to do things! You need to get your Predator back on the car it came from and "Restore original backup" otherwise you can't use it. You can get a small credit towards buying a new one if that is not possible. If you do get one that works then you will need your car flashed back to a stock Ford Calibration before using the Predator.

Thanks,
Kevin@DiabloSport