"This Vehicle Needs an Update Download Here.."

Predator support for Dodge gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Mike_Levy

RE: 2007 Charger R/T

Post by Mike_Levy »

It wants to update the car not the Predator. www.diablosport.com/dcx and follow the directions for an update.

Don't bother calling at night. They close at around 6:30EST. After that you'll be sitting on hold until tomorrow morning.
sprueitt

Re: RE: 2007 Charger R/T

Post by sprueitt »

Mike_Levy wrote:It wants to update the car not the Predator. www.diablosport.com/dcx and follow the directions for an update.

Don't bother calling at night. They close at around 6:30EST. After that you'll be sitting on hold until tomorrow morning.
I called much earlier and my call may have crossed over your quiting time. now that it is late evening I though I would try my Predator again. Thus, I am trying to make contact via another viaduct, this forum.
microsoft

2009 Charger R/T (Police)

Post by microsoft »

Hello Diablosport,

I am having some difficulty in getting the calibration to update.

First, I am not running a single tune, this is a first time install. Second, I did update the firmware to 9r28.crom, it was previously 9r20.crom. Yet, when I log onto the DS Downloader and it finds the tool, I click Calibration update, yet it takes forever, then always crashing. On the odd times that I can get it to go all the way through it asks "Is your tool up to date?" which as mentioned above, was completed previously.

I have restarted my PC several times and downloaded the Drivers for Vista and also tried it on XP, same issue.

Any help would be much appreciated!
1500megacab

RE: 2009 Charger R/T (Police)

Post by 1500megacab »

im trying to do an update on the crom version for my u7137. the current version is 9r06 and im trying to find the next one i need to update to can i get some help please
ballcap

RE: 2008 Road&Track Charger R/T, new 9R27 download not a

Post by ballcap »

ok this may be a stupid question but here it goes. I got the update message, checked the version on my unit and I have V.9r12. that is the newest version. the directions say to downloade if you DO NOT have the version. what do i have to do if i already have it?
ballcap

Post by ballcap »

sorry forgot to put info
unit is U7137x
version V.9r12
2009 dodge ram 1500 sport 4x4 5.7 hemi
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

your VEHICLE needs an update, not the predator...

follow the instructions at http://www.diablosport.com/dcx
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
thedodgeboys

Post by thedodgeboys »

Help Please
Im running pcm version 68004302af predator wants to downgrade to a lower version I have 9r29 installed
Is there a more current version?

Thanks Scott
Insane_ksa

Post by Insane_ksa »

My car is 300c srt8 2007.I would say I bought the u7135 and now I'm in my country which is 17 hours by plane far away from the U.S

And when I plugged the predator to my car it shows me a massage that your vehicle needs an update !!

Please someone tell what I have to do because that really frustrating .
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

www.diablosport.com/dcx and follow the directions for an update.
ChrisWK

2005 GC Vehicle needs update

Post by ChrisWK »

Hello all,
New to this predator thing need some help. I got a message that vehicle needed to be updated calid 56044555AL. This is a 2005 GC 5.7 hemi. My predator U7137x has the lastest crom on it ,It is rev_2. I am little scare on what do I do next ? Where do I get this update. I plug it in computer first time to check to make sure it had the lastest crom and what revision I had and that it was not married to the other guy's car, But did not see a cal update for it.
Well I followed the DCX stuff But I do not have a tab that says calibration update, All my window has is connection test ,express tune mode, advance tuning,trinity browers. How do I update my GC? or is there something differ with my jeeps computer my gc born date is 3/05 .I am using Vista It found my tool saying DS tool was found com 6 at baud rate 57600.
Thanks
Chris
roxygirl9

2007 Dodge Ram - updated and now what!?

Post by roxygirl9 »

I have a u7137 for my '07 Dodge Ram. Like everyone else here, plugged it in, received a 'needing upgrade' message. I bought the new cable, downloaded the drivers and new software and thought I was home free. Replugged the unit into my truck, told me that I need to downgrade and then told me to 'turn key to off' with a moving bar. Waited for over 30 mins with nothing happening or changing. Removed cable, reloaded the softward updates on the the unit and tried again. Same thing. Am I just supposed to wait longer...or is something not right here??
j.mike@diablosport

Re: 2007 Dodge Ram - updated and now what!?

Post by j.mike@diablosport »

roxygirl9 wrote:I have a u7137 for my '07 Dodge Ram. Like everyone else here, plugged it in, received a 'needing upgrade' message. I bought the new cable, downloaded the drivers and new software and thought I was home free. Replugged the unit into my truck, told me that I need to downgrade and then told me to 'turn key to off' with a moving bar. Waited for over 30 mins with nothing happening or changing. Removed cable, reloaded the softward updates on the the unit and tried again. Same thing. Am I just supposed to wait longer...or is something not right here??
Sometimes, the tool will tell you that it's "downgrading" the Calibration ID because it has to put you on a slightly older one that it has tuning support for.

After you agree to the downgrade message, the tool will trigger a "flag" to alert the DS Downloader Program that you need to change your calibration ID. When you reloaded the software update, you reset that flag so you need to bring it back to the vehicle and trigger it again.

1. Plug the tool into the vehicle
2. Agree to the downgrade
3. Unplug it from the vehicle and return to your PC
4. Connect the tool to the PC and open the DS Downloader
5. Follow the instructions in the DCX link posted many times in this thread

Do not update the tool at any point. There is no need for it with this procedure as this is not an update for the tool that is required.
Diablosport Sales Team
Caffeine Engineer

Please do no PM me! Send an email to mikem@diablosport.com if you need to contact me.
nemiro

RE: Re: 2007 Dodge Ram - updated and now what!?

Post by nemiro »

Have a DSP here that we plugged into a 2003 PT Cruiser turbo to do some datalogging on. The DSP said that the vehicle needed and update, so we followed all of the instructions. It downloaded, and started writing the update (or so it said), then gave a failure message. The car started back up, no issue. However, now every time the DSP starts up, it wants to finish the update. We can bypass that by hitting ESC, and then datalog without issue. However, now the DSP will not allow itself to recognize another car, nor get married to it. We get invalid CalID messages. I have tried it myself on a test vehicle that has a Trinity in it, and has been used for inTune testing. I have tried a CROM update, to no avail. Any ideas how I can resurrect this thing?
j.mike@diablosport

Re: RE: Re: 2007 Dodge Ram - updated and now what!?

Post by j.mike@diablosport »

nemiro wrote:Have a DSP here that we plugged into a 2003 PT Cruiser turbo to do some datalogging on. The DSP said that the vehicle needed and update, so we followed all of the instructions. It downloaded, and started writing the update (or so it said), then gave a failure message. The car started back up, no issue. However, now every time the DSP starts up, it wants to finish the update. We can bypass that by hitting ESC, and then datalog without issue. However, now the DSP will not allow itself to recognize another car, nor get married to it. We get invalid CalID messages. I have tried it myself on a test vehicle that has a Trinity in it, and has been used for inTune testing. I have tried a CROM update, to no avail. Any ideas how I can resurrect this thing?
Your best bet in this case is to hook up the tool to the vehicle and see if it triggers the Calibration Update function again (it reset when you updated it). If the tool is now on a newer firmware than it was before, it may not need to do a Calibration Update at all.

If it triggers the Calibration Update again, and the process fails again, don't do anything else with the tool. At that point, you should call into the tech department with the tool hooked up to the vehicle to get it straightened out.
Diablosport Sales Team
Caffeine Engineer

Please do no PM me! Send an email to mikem@diablosport.com if you need to contact me.