Virtual gauge readings don't match vehicle readings.
Moderator: mikel
Virtual gauge readings don't match vehicle readings.
Some of the Trinity's virtual gauges read substantially lower then what the Trucks digital readouts show and the outside air temp shows 4 degrees higher then the trucks. Which one should I go by. For instance this morning the outside temp on my trucks EVIC display showed 82F but the Trinity showed that it was 86F. The oil temps are usually 25-30F lower on the trinity then the EVIC on the truck and the coolant is usually 20F lower then the truck shows. I should check my trans temp between the 2 to see if they match up or are even close. I need to know this because I'm trying to get accurate reading and datalogs for Partrick at Vararam on his new Hemi intake. I use this Trinity everyday for monitoring these parameters. I'm running the latest 1R07 software on the Trinity.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Virtual gauge readings don
Outside temp in the PCM may just be what temp it saw at startup on the IAT sensor.
I dont know where the EVIC gets its data...
I dont know where the EVIC gets its data...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Virtual gauge readings don
I'm guessing from the dedicated sensors around the truck. The ambient air temp sensor is behind the grill, the IAT is in the intake path, the IMAT is in the intake manifold, The ECT is on the waterpump housing, the Oil temp and pressure sensors are on the block and filter housing.
I watched it again this morning and saw the ECT's were usually 5-10degrees of each other, and the oil temps were 15 plus off.
I watched it again this morning and saw the ECT's were usually 5-10degrees of each other, and the oil temps were 15 plus off.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Virtual gauge readings don
Im aware of where those sensors are, but if you see different data in the PCM than the WEVIC, it would likely indicate they are not getting the same data 
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Virtual gauge readings don
I know in the chargers digital EVIC there are 2 outside temps. One is the actual and one is a average over a set time. Is it the same in the truck? Didn't know they had the digital pages now
RE: Virtual gauge readings don
Sorry bout that MikeL. I deal with people who seriously don't know that stuff.
Yes the new rams have digital readouts of the engine coolant temp, Oil Temp, Oil pressure, trans temp and engine hours.
Yes the new rams have digital readouts of the engine coolant temp, Oil Temp, Oil pressure, trans temp and engine hours.