Page 1 of 8
New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:17 am
by mikel
This new update has all new tunes for improved performance, especially for those with a 6 speed automatic. Shifting in these applications will be improved tremendously!
Enjoy!
RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:07 am
by reredrider
Lew I have u7194, v.9r15 running ur custom tune. Do I need to update and load this?
RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:32 am
by mikel
No need if runnng a custom tune.
RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:40 pm
by 06MonteSS
hey john...
yeah, actually, you HAD those new tweaks made to your custom tune before.. but then once you added that servo to your tranny, you were getting those rough hits, or double-hits... so, I had removed those specific tweaks in the last tune I gave ya (#7), and your shifting was fine after that, remember??
RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:54 pm
by dbroylz
I have an 09 Silverado with the 5.3 and 6 speed transmission. I have U7194 v.9r13. I am running the performance tune. What improvements could I expect if I updated to this revision?
RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:43 pm
by 06MonteSS
firmer/harder shifting when you "get on it"....
RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:04 pm
by daves09sierra
Im just woundering if you have to reinstall the factory tune in the truck evrytime you want to update the programmer
I downloaded the update and installed the performance tune back into the truck and was woundering if that is all I have to do. Will doing this install what is required to firm up the shifts?
Thanks Dave
RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:22 pm
by gump2388
How is this going to work for guys that dont have a newer 7194 that wont take the new bigger updates?? is there anymore changes in the 07 vmax with the 4 speed?
Re: RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:10 am
by 06MonteSS
daves09sierra wrote:Im just woundering if you have to reinstall the factory tune in the truck evrytime you want to update the programmer
I downloaded the update and installed the performance tune back into the truck and was woundering if that is all I have to do. Will doing this install what is required to firm up the shifts?
Thanks Dave
yes, you must restore original backup to the vehicle before you update the tool to a newer revision... otherwise, it would wipeout the copy of your original backup it has saved in it...
RE: Re: RE: New U7194 update, new tunes!
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:14 pm
by daves09sierra
OK so now I reinstalled the performance tune in the truck and Im woundering what kind of a differance Im going to notice in the tune itself and in wiay the tranny shifts? I havent had a chance to actually drive the truck yet and was just woundering what to expect performance wise?
New Tunes
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:19 pm
by john*99*
Any impact on a Z06?
RE: New Tunes
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:49 pm
by Bigun08
I have an 07 Escalade and someone on the caddy forum told me that this revision won't help with the funky tranny shifting.. will this improve my 6 speed or is it only for the cars.. thanks for the help!
Re: RE: New Tunes
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:36 am
by mikel
Bigun08 wrote:I have an 07 Escalade and someone on the caddy forum told me that this revision won't help with the funky tranny shifting.. will this improve my 6 speed or is it only for the cars.. thanks for the help!
YES!!
Do it!
All 6 speed autos will benefit big time!
Re: New Tunes
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:36 am
by mikel
john*99* wrote:Any impact on a Z06?
not so much...
RE: Re: New Tunes
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:52 pm
by DHufton
Is the there an update for the Trinity with the new and improved additions for a 2009 5.3L 6spd? I didn't see anything in the Trinity forum about it. Thanks!