ltft adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

ltft adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

Hello all,
I got my U7192 with r13 a week ago and am still trying to get ltfts down to recommended values. Heres what Ive done so far.
installed the 87 octane on my 06 silverado crew cab 4x4 5.3l and ran it for over 30 miles .
Then I logged with these checked
Intake Air temp
engine speed
vehicle speed
accelerator pedal pos
maf sensor mass airflow
spark advance
knock retard
ltft1 & 2
afr
abs throttle pos

logged for 15 mins then after log save it in csv then read dslogredux recommended adjustments.
Then I goto 87 octane tune and modify the parameter by recommended % then finish up and disconnect and repeat all above steps after 30 or more miles driven.
Problem is the ltft recommendation in dslogredux is still telling me to adjust -5, -6, -3 in 3 different logs.
Any clues to what im doing wrong?

Thanks in advance :(
Last edited by mosie on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

when you adjusted the slope setting, after you moved the slider did you press the center button on the predator to actually save that change???

then, did you press the ESC button to exit out and have it ask you "install tune now?" and answer/select YES so that it installed the tune with that saved change in it???
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

thanks for responding, I knew it would be something stupid on my part . I dont think I hit the center button to save it....was looking for directions like that,,must have missed it. I'll try it again. Thanks again :punisher:
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

this time I did hit the center button to save the recommended -6 for slope then escaped back to install now, installed it .
I did about 30 miles before the next log with same parameters as above and now it says to adjust -3. Should I do it all again?
By the way there are no mods on my truck yet.
User avatar
Ill_Born_SS
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:48 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Typically it can take 50-100 miles to settle in... you can wait and do another log or make the adjustment to show a total of -9 and then log it again later. A dirty MAF and throttle body can be part of your problem, just a thought.
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

thanks....I just put the -3 on and Ill wait another good 50 miles to log again
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

ok now after putting the -3 on injector slope and then driving over 50 miles then loggin for another 15 miles its telling me to adjust it another -8%, wtf am I doing wrong here? I also checked maf and throttle body both were clean, and I cleaned the throttle body anyway
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

guess I'll try rubbing it 3 times and see if it will tell my fortune next...........
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

well rubbing it didnt grant me any wishes..........I did another log and this happens to be the 13 time.........now its telling me to adjust it another -8%
I think ive adjusted it over -20% over the last 13 logs.......any professionals wanna comment on this? I dont know if this thing works at all.
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

something's wrong with your truck man...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

is this something you could tell from a log........the truck runs fine....dont burn oil, no codes or nothing......could it be a bad predator?
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

check the CAI, intake manifold/gasket, exhaust, etc etc for any air leaks - make sure everything is TIGHT...

clean the MAF sensor with some CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
User avatar
gregs
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:28 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by gregs »

+1 clean the maf, and check for exhaust, intake and any other type of vacuum leak. How many miles do you have on your o2 sensors?
03 Silverado 1500 Z71 EC/SB
mosie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

RE: ltf adjustment wont take in the 87 octane tune

Post by mosie »

The truck has 53k on it now, I just cleaned the maf with crc tonight. Also put back the original tune back on a few days ago, I will put the 87 octane back on in a few days and check to see if problem has gone away.
I looked for leaks but didnt see any. Is there any smoke method or something else to check for leakage? I didnt hear any either .
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”