Page 1 of 2
Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:25 pm
by cmb396
I recently bought a used 7194, updated the handheld to the 7r08 file from MonteSS, and went to download into the Z06 today.
Here's what I got:
"Calibration is not currently supported, Predator will try to save original tune"
"Continue"
Then some PCM codes come up along with the hour glass thing, and then it askes to select modify stock tune or Original backup.
By choosing "Original backup"
It says "This will restore original tune and reset tool"
Again, I bought this used, was it not reset to original by the messages I am getting?
The guy I bought it from had an 07 LS2 car, and I certainly do not want to download that factory tune into my ls7!!
Or, is this all standard and how things should go?? Let me know, thanks!!
RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:08 pm
by 06MonteSS
you mean revision 9r08, right??? heh...
so, it did not save the original backup??? it just brought you to that menu for modify stock tune or original backup??
sounds like it may still be locked to the previous vehicle...
go to OPTIONS - SHOW LAST TUNE WRITTTEN and what does it say???
also, under options - show information (or it may be options - troubleshooting - show information), it should show you a VIN number... is it your VIN number??
RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:25 pm
by cmb396
Yes it's the 9r08, my bad!!
Correct, it did NOT store orig backup, took me straight to modify stock tune or orig bu.
I went to "Last tune written" and it said it was the original backup. I did not verify the vin, but will and check back.
RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:29 pm
by 06MonteSS
so far, sounds like someone hooked it up to their car and let it read THEIR original backup into it, but they did not install a tune...
because if it was unlocked/reset already, then it would have saved a copy of YOUR original backup first, before you got to that menu for modify tune or original backup...
so yeah, check the VIN...
RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:29 pm
by cmb396
What are my options then if there is already an original backup in it and the vin does not match?
RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:25 am
by 06MonteSS
call diablo tech support, and pay $129 to get it unlocked/reset...
or...
have the person you bought it from, restore the original backup to their vehicle...
RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:31 am
by cmb396
Ok, Vin number on the handheld matches my vin number, now what?
RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:33 am
by cmb396
What if I happen to have access to another vetter, can I just go down load whatever original backup that is in there to another car to reset it? Not exactly ethical, lol, but thought it might be an option!!
RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:56 pm
by gregs
^^^^it doesn't work like that^^^^^

RE: Need help with 7194 and 2007 Z06
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:31 pm
by cmb396
Ok, spoke with Mike today on the phone, and he sent me an update to download, 9r10 version, during the update, I get the popup that says "Wait for tool to Reboot", at the bottom of the DSDownloader screen, it says download complete, but on the handheld, it just says "Installing bootloader" and will not reboot.
If I unplug the power source, and power it back up, it has the 9r10 version at the top of the screen on the handheld, but I still have the same problems as above with this revision.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:37 pm
by mikel
use this
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:49 pm
by cmb396
Thanks Mike for the quick response. just downloaded the above revision, but the handheld is still unresponsive and stuck on "installing bootloader" on the screen and will no reboot on it's own.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:53 pm
by mikel
reboot it and see what happens please.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:21 pm
by cmb396
I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in, it booted, and has the 9r07 revision at the top
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:06 pm
by cmb396
Ok Mike, the 9r07 worked. There were two avail performance tunes, "Diablo tune" and a 91 octane tune. I downloaded the "Diablo tune, and it worked fine. Which tune should I use for this car, it's a 2007 Z06 with only mods being a Killer Bee air intake.
I thought there was a 93 octane tune? Let me know, thanks...