Page 1 of 1

changing thermostat

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 am
by lowdeckdart
I own a predator u7135. I downloaded the performance tune for 93 octain and iam very pleased with the results in my 2010 challenger r/t. I purchased a 180 thermostat and I need to know what I need to do to change the fan control to come on at the proper time. Any suggestions? Iam new to the site so if I screw up let me know. Thanks for your help!

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:43 pm
by kylar1207
Instructions below copied from Chrysler 300z knowlege base. I actually adjusted my fans more dramatically than 5 degrees. I set all HS MS settings to 197 and all LS settings to 190. My settings are more conservative than others that I've seen. Good luck!

Plug in the Predator, choose Performance Tunes > Diablo Tunes > Perf 93 Oct > Modify Tune > Modify Parameters > Cooling Fans AC Off. You will now have six entries, (five showing, one you have to scroll down to). The first entry is “High MPH HS Fan Onâ€

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:00 pm
by Mike_Levy
I like 181 for the low speeds and 188 for the highs. Keeps the motor fairly happy and cool.

The T-Stat is 23 degrees cooler(!) and they're only lowering the temps 5 degrees? Thats retarded. Why bother?

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 am
by oilslick
Correct! Lower them at LEAST 20 degrees with that 180 T-stat!!!

T-stat

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:18 am
by tecmopar
I just did mine and with the help of Mike M at Diablo that is what I did, 20* for each setting. If you look at the gauge (who knows how accurate it is) but going by the markings it was running a little over 205 and now its a little over 185 so it has dropped the 20* I was looking for, good luck.

RE: T-stat

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:55 pm
by j.mike@diablosport
Positive mention on our forum, woohoo!


I take 'em when I can get 'em. :D

RE: T-stat

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:58 pm
by lowdeckdart
Success!!!!!!!! Thanks Boys! (and girls!)