Page 1 of 1
My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:32 pm
by JaxHemi
2009 Challenger R/T auto.
U7135
version v.9r16
At the track, I reset my tire size from the 255/45/20 street tire to the 275/40/17 drag radials. In 2 out of the 3 runs, the car went into limp mode, after finally re-starting and taking off, the car started to slow after 3rd gear. Are the conflicting tire sizes too great for the PCM even though I reset with the Predator before bolting on the track set-up? The strange thing is, the second run was perfect. No limp mode after burnout, launched like a beast, ran strong all the way through the traps. Could anyone please shed some light as to what's going on with my car? I'm sure i'm not the only R/T or even SRT8 to run this size drag radial. Thanks in advance for your help.
Jack
RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:12 am
by Mike_Levy
No SRTs run that size. A 17" wheel doesn't clear the Brembos.
Raise your rev limiter a couple hundred rpm. Thats whats causing the limp mode, the motor is overrevving and hitting the limiter.
RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:28 am
by JaxHemi
Yeah Mike, Replica makes a wheel the SRT guys on the Charger forums discovered that clears the Brembo's. When I installed the 93 CAI tune, I raised the rev limiter already, so sorry not buying that. What i'm thinking is the computer sees the difference in diameter and doesn't know what to do with the info from the conflicting wheel speeds. The only thing I haven't tried was to put the car in dyno mode. I'm posting a legitimate problem here Mike, so if you don't have a clue could you pass this question along to a programmer?
RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:54 am
by HerDaytona
Yeah dyno mode "might" help. We dont hit Limp mode using it.
RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:20 am
by Mike_Levy
Instead of talking shit dude, why don't you actually try what I tell you? Maybe you haven't noticed, but I have over 2400 posts. I've been here for years, I've seen this shit before. But hey, you think I don't have a clue? Fine, I don't give a fuck. You want help, but if you're not willing to listen then nobody can help you.

Re: RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 am
by JaxHemi
Mike_Levy wrote:Instead of talking shit dude, why don't you actually try what I tell you? Maybe you haven't noticed, but I have over 2400 posts. I've been here for years, I've seen this shit before. But hey, you think I don't have a clue? Fine, I don't give a fuck. You want help, but if you're not willing to listen then nobody can help you.

Very nice Mike! How fortunate Diablosport has an employee with such social skills. I understood what you suggested, it didn't help. I really don't care about your post count, maybe the people on Challengertalk would be though. I actually got the help I needed from a forum member who incidentally isn't impressed with you either. I hope to run into you someday, you seem like someone in need of a little lesson in respect.
RE: Re: RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:18 pm
by Mike_Levy
I'm not employed by DiabloSport. Can't believe you'd give me lip like that thinking I was. Not a good idea to give attitude to somebody who's help you need.
As far as Challenger Talk, I don't care what people think about me. Whether you or anybody else likes me, has no bearing on my life. All those sites are scummy. They're all owned by the same company, and the owner is more interested in making a buck then anything else. Fuck em. Don't need to deal with that crap or those kinds of people.
RE: Re: RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:24 pm
by cwilly01
Jax - Don't waste your time with Levy. He's a know-it-all that has no sense of respect. We've all had to deal with him at one time or another. Good luck with the DS - I could never get it right on my vehicle, but according to Levy, I'm a dumbass anyway. Funny though, the SC works great!
RE: Re: RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 am
by brandy16
I have gone into limp mode doing a burn out at the track with 18 inch slicks on and I dont know if it was because of hiting the rev limiter. I have also been on the dyno with a tune and had it in dyno mode and on my first run it went into limp mode. Is it because I am hiting the rev limiter or is there another reason.
RE: Re: RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:05 am
by Mike_Levy
I'm still betting on it being the limiter. Thats the only time these go into limp mode, when they hit the limiter.
But maybe one of the wiseasses who think they know better can tell you something different. Apparently I don't know what I'm talking about, according to them.
RE: Re: RE: My car hates my tire/wheel combo!
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:21 pm
by brandy16
Thanks Mike. I will have to pay more attention to the tac to see if its hiting the limiter