Page 1 of 1

can anyone help

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:04 am
by jrg5411
when i click on the send crom fiile to predator after a few seconds i get a pop up that says file download failed

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:59 am
by ski
If you're using a serial-to-USB adapter to connect the Predator to your computer, then that may be the cause. If possible, d/l the update on a computer with a serial port, and then upload it to the Predator.

If the above is not the case, then make sure the COM port that's being used in D/SDownloader is enabled in BIOS on the computer, and it does not have any problems in Device Manager.

If that's ok, then make sure 115,200 baud rate is being used on both D/SDownloader and in the COM port's settings.

If no luck, then try 57,600 baud rate for both.

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:27 pm
by MustangChris04
Im having the same problem, on the predator it stops after 5120 bytes and then on the computer it says failed after packet 12. I cant seem to get it to work, I tried settings both to 115,200 and 57,600 and no luck.

I got it to download the original and it said success on the computer but on the predator it was still at 0 bytes and the file I got was .frg which was only 1024 bytes.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:47 am
by LightningMike03
Is the compressed send button checked at the top of the DSDownloader?
If so uncheck and try again.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:16 pm
by mikel
Guys, we need some info here....what part number are you trying to update, what revision are you applying, what cable are you using to do the updates....etc.

Thanks

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:04 pm
by MustangChris04
Radioshack db9 to usb cable. I am just trying to pull a tune off of it so I can make adjustments on the computer.