V6 Camaro
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: V6 Camaro
The V6 camaro leaves no room for improvement when tuning a stock car.
Kinda tough to release a programmer that wont add any power, but we're considering doing it as a custom tune required deal.
Kinda tough to release a programmer that wont add any power, but we're considering doing it as a custom tune required deal.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: RE: V6 Camaro
understandable.. but for those who want to get a nitrous kit or a turbo are kind of stuck.. before my camaro i had a Acura RSX, and its not like a programmer for those types of cars added any power without upgrades either. at the time, hundreds of people gladly paid over a grand for the Hondata K-pro. add all the additional stuff, they were looking at like 1500 bucks just to tune a 4 cylinder!mikel wrote:The V6 camaro leaves no room for improvement when tuning a stock car.
Kinda tough to release a programmer that wont add any power, but we're considering doing it as a custom tune required deal.
there is definitely a market for this product. are there any plans to finish this project? this is the one thing that is really making me wish i bought the V6 mustang... i should of researched ECU issues before i bought the car...
RE: Re: RE: V6 Camaro
i think most of the hot-rodding crowd will choose the ls3 or l99 to play with, while the new v6 is amazingly powerful the majority of people will go the v8 route if they're serious about power
03 Silverado 1500 Z71 EC/SB
Re: RE: Re: RE: V6 Camaro
If I was serious about adding power and making it fast it wouldn’t be in a 4000 lb car.gregs wrote:i think most of the hot-rodding crowd will choose the ls3 or l99 to play with, while the new v6 is amazingly powerful the majority of people will go the v8 route if they're serious about power
And how do you make that argument with people who have import cars with 4 cylinder engines? Tell them if they are serious about power to get a v8? AMS performance has a Mitsubishi EVO8 makes 1100hp and runs like a 7 sec quarter mile.
To each his own on how or what people hot rod.
I am serious about adding some power. Maybe not 1000hp. but when I bought my camaro I didn’t want to spend the extra $8000 to get the v8. I realize the shortfalls in the v6, poor flow in heads, yatta yatta ect...
I drive my camaro everyday to work I get the most enjoyment out of just using the car. It’s not expensive in terms of gas/payment/insurance. But I am looking to give it something extra like a nitrous kit. Many people are getting into the 12's with the v6's
With a healthy ratio of v6 and v8 camaros being made, there is a market for this. make it and people will buy it
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: V6 Camaro
sorry not trying to start a fight or offend. I was just thinking from the business point of view that development in the v6 side would probably be pushed behind other projects that would be higher in demand.
I personally think the camaro's v6 is sick! direct injection and 300 hp our of a v6 is super cool!
I personally think the camaro's v6 is sick! direct injection and 300 hp our of a v6 is super cool!
03 Silverado 1500 Z71 EC/SB