Page 1 of 1

2006 Dodge Durango-Can't tune due to key recylcing issue

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am
by arelie
7137
9r10
Tried to tune to 91 octane tune- after upgrading to 9r10 crom. still having issue with key recycling- sticks on turn key off after going thru complete procedure. I have to abort and go back to original stock tune. Any new developments since I have written tech on this issue?

RE: 2006 Dodge Durango-Can

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 am
by mikel
Can you please post your calibration ID.

Re: RE: 2006 Dodge Durango-Can

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 am
by arelie
mikel wrote:Can you please post your calibration ID.
Mike,
I sent all this via email to you on Monday ... this has been an ongoing issue
[email protected]. the email I sent has the calibration ID info.

RE: Re: RE: 2006 Dodge Durango-Can

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 am
by mikel
OK, wanted to be sure it was the same calid.
It is being looked into.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:03 pm
by arelie
Tried again this weekend to custom tune thinking maybe i would get lucky and not have the recycling issue... unfortunately, same results... stuck when it gets to turn key off. Anything new with this...... I hate to think I have a predator paperweight on my hands.

Thanks,
Chuck

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:48 pm
by liljohn30
dont feel bad i have a predator paper weight also,same issue with me hemi ram

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:48 pm
by arelie
is this issue really being looked into or should I look another direction for a tuner other than a predator?
7137
2006 Dodge Durango Hemi

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 am
by ggaliano
arelie wrote:is this issue really being looked into or should I look another direction for a tuner other than a predator?
7137
2006 Dodge Durango Hemi
The Predator it the best tuner on the market, unfortunately so many people are using them, that I'm sure Diablosport is overwhelmed with work.

Give them a chance, although sometimes updates and fixes, are a little slow, when you get them they are correct. I would rather wait a little longer and get the right fix, then get a shoddy one really quick and hose my system. :P

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:09 am
by jay.lohr
I have a 2006 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7L Hemi I had same problem you did and well today I accidentally figured out a way around it. Select the tune you want to install, allow it to back up your current setup, after it finishes click continue on the next page where it says install tune use the escape key and back all the way to main menu. Turn key off and unplug diablosport the plug back in after that go to troubleshooting and select the option right above read VIN think it is read calibration file or something like that it should ask you to turn key on but not to start. After it shows the calibration file use escape key back to main menu and select your tune you would like to install and it should work fine. Ive done it this way 10 or 15 times now and no more hung on turn key off anymore. Hope I helped out.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 pm
by arelie
jay.lohr wrote:I have a 2006 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7L Hemi I had same problem you did and well today I accidentally figured out a way around it. Select the tune you want to install, allow it to back up your current setup, after it finishes click continue on the next page where it says install tune use the escape key and back all the way to main menu. Turn key off and unplug diablosport the plug back in after that go to troubleshooting and select the option right above read VIN think it is read calibration file or something like that it should ask you to turn key on but not to start. After it shows the calibration file use escape key back to main menu and select your tune you would like to install and it should work fine. Ive done it this way 10 or 15 times now and no more hung on turn key off anymore. Hope I helped out.
Jay,
Congrats to you.... I tried your method and it worked like a champ! I am finally able to rid myself of "dead" space between 40 and 50 mph, got rid of the MDS and it is running sweet!

Thanks for the ingenuity!
Chuck (arelie)

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:05 am
by mikel
Wow, we'll check this out guys.

good find.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:37 pm
by jay.lohr
No problem glad everything worked out for you guys!

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 am
by jay.lohr
can anyone give me any pointers on using this tool? Im not real good at tech stuff for cars.