Page 1 of 1

Best Tow tune (cal) for VXCF4

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 am
by jtc1983
I am wanting to know what peoples results were (power and mileage) with the tow tune on different cals. I currently have 8r14 on my predator and VXCF4 on the truck. I am not really impressed with this cal, but I am afraid to update to the newest due to power and mileage suffering. I get good power and decent mileage with the perf tune, but the tow tune is not really impressive. I had 9r11 at first and I didnt like it. Thanks for every ones input.

RE: Best Tow tune (cal) for VXCF4

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:42 am
by mikel
The tow tune is pretty mild (40 HP, 150 ft/lbs) to keep EGTs down with a full load.

RE: Best Tow tune (cal) for VXCF4

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:30 am
by jtc1983
BUMP.

Any other input. I tow a 15k (loaded) toy hauler with this truck, and I am not really impressed with it currently. If someone with the 6.0 does heavy towing and has a tune they like for some reason let me know. Thanks. ;)

Just trying to see if i should keep messing with this thing or e-bay/craigslist it , and buy an edge or something. I think I want something that shows EGT's and stuff real time. I thought about buying a trinity, but with all the complaints, I am not sure I want to go back down this road.

RE: Best Tow tune (cal) for VXCF4

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:23 am
by ProEMTPFF
Just get a pyrometer, I just installed one in my truck. I tow about the same weight as you with the tow tune and it stays around 1K deg.