I purchased my predator U7191 brand new. I installed the Diablo Tune into my '05 GTO M6 and logged some information. I also purchased the USB cable to plug my predator into my computer. I don't know what I did with the CD that came with it but I installed the drivers and the Dataviewer and DSLog redux but my computer still won't read my tuner. DS Downloader keeps saying "Searching for Diablosport tool." I've searched this site for the past 2 hours and I've tried every idea I came across but nothing has worked. I'm running windows 7 on my computer and my tool version is up to date according to this site.
TIA-
BrandonG
Edit: I should also mention that when I plug the tool into my computer the display on the tool does nothing. I have the adapter plugged in and the screen is lit up and at the main screen. Predator V.9r03 is at the top with the selections below: Performance tune, Diagnostics, Options and Tool Info. So I'm assuming this is the main screen. But DS downloader tells me to power cycle the tool and when I do it tells me "Tool is ready. Do you wish to download the firmware?" so I click yes and then it says "Download failed. Did not see power-up message from tool"
Computer won't read tool
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Computer won
does the PC act like it sees the USB cable when you plug it in at all?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: RE: Computer won
Yes...The computer makes a noise and says it's installing the driver software for the device and everything goes smooth there. But If I unplug the cord from the tuner the computer doesn't make any noise at all. And I've also gone to control panel and device manager and checked the ports and it says everything is working properly.mikel wrote:does the PC act like it sees the USB cable when you plug it in at all?
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: RE: Computer won
whats the revision on the Predator?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Hey goatboy, dont know if your on LS1GTO but I am Bulls729 over their as well. If you are still having issues with this, I will do a VNC session with you to easier diagnose your problem. From the sounds of it you may have your baud rate set incorrectly in your device manager, but it could be one of many reasons.
Download the quick-support TeamViewer application here
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS_en.exe
Once you do it will have an ID and password made send that in a PM to me and tell me if you are ready, what this does is it will allow me to "remote access" your computer to get the problem worked out their is also a chat area so I can walk you through what I am doing so if you run into the problem again you can try to work it out yourself. If your interested let me know.
If you want to read more about teamviewer here is their main site http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
DISCLAIMER: I would like to add that I do not work for or am a parter of Diablosport, I am an everyday user just like you who is willing to help.
Download the quick-support TeamViewer application here
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS_en.exe
Once you do it will have an ID and password made send that in a PM to me and tell me if you are ready, what this does is it will allow me to "remote access" your computer to get the problem worked out their is also a chat area so I can walk you through what I am doing so if you run into the problem again you can try to work it out yourself. If your interested let me know.
If you want to read more about teamviewer here is their main site http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
DISCLAIMER: I would like to add that I do not work for or am a parter of Diablosport, I am an everyday user just like you who is willing to help.