Page 1 of 4

New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 pm
by mikel
The attached update adds 'MPG booster' tunes to the Predator U7194 for all truck calibrations.

These tunes are designed for min. 87 octane fuel, and will not offer huge performance gains, but should help improve mileage by 1-3 MPG on the highway.

Enjoy!

RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:11 pm
by gundog
Great..Will give it a try. But one question, with DOD deactivated, will this tune help and can the 1-3 MPG gain be expected? I have been running with DOD deactivated and my mileage has decreased slightly. If I can still get improvement from what I'm now getting with no DOD this will be a good thing. In other words are there changes in the tune to improve mileage that do not rely just on adjusting the DOD?

RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:12 am
by TonyD05Silv
Are there any plans to develop this tune for older models (U7193)?

RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:36 am
by mikel
Possibly...

Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 am
by markdscott
mikel wrote:Possibly...
I just purchased the U7193 for my 2004 Avalanche 5.3. Only mods on the truck are using a K&N air filter (not a cold air intake) and I had a Borla muffler put on with duals running back from it.

I bought the Predator as it is advertised as adding gas mileage to the vehicle. I saw an increase in mileage of 1.5 mpg by changing to the Borla exhaust. When I put the 87 Octane program on from the predator, I immediately lost 2mpg!! it has since settled down to a loss of only the 1.5mpg that I had gained from the Borla.

Bottom line - not happy as I purchased to help me out at the pump yet not seeing it.

Other side of the coin - fully appreciate that the truck is more responsive. If gas costs were not so high and my commute so long (translation - expensive!) I would put in the premium gas and the performance program to turn this baby loose!

Need help / support to get this thing doing what it needs to do - improve my gas mileage and save me big money at the pump.

Thanks, Mark

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:18 am
by mikel
Have you read through any of the threads on how to log and dial in your tune?

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:05 am
by markdscott
Not yet. Not what I thought I had signed up for. Did not want to become a programming expert as the adverts indicated that the included tune was good to deliver.

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:33 am
by mikel
There are too many variables for every vehicle to respond inthe exact same manner.
the difference is, we give you the tools to dial the tune in for your specific needs and conditions, where as the other tools out there give you a tune, and you're stuck with it ;)

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:54 am
by gundog
Still wondering if this MPG update will help with DOD disabled?

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:15 am
by mikel
Not nearly as much as it would with it enabled...but, if your worried about MPG, why would you have MDS disabled?

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:16 pm
by imcgyver
Hello, I like where this update is going but I do a lot of short trips 10 miles and less, will this MPG update still be benificial? any tips or tricks on modifying this tune with datalogger?
2008 Silverado with 7194, 87 octane tune dod disabled.
Thank you for your time and response.

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:59 pm
by markdscott
Well, needless to say, I am disappointed. Time is money. Now the advice is that I must spend time learning and doing a lot of work with this thing rather than being able to enjoy the advertised benefits that the included program are supposed to deliver. Presume that I now need the $50 kit to hook it up to my computer as well as downloading the software and then having to put how many hours into it just to get what was advertised to happen right out of the box with the included program.

Is it just me or does something not sound right with the above?

That being the case, what are my refund options now as I was only given a 14 day window to return the item to Truck Addons? Hard to have had enough experience with the item in 14 days to realize that we are now at the point of discussing whether or not a return is in order.

Shame as I truly wanted the benefits and thus was happy to spend the purchase price. A group of friends are wanting my results as if successful, they indicate they will purchase. None are into cars in the sense of wanting to spend time as indicated above. They want the simple solution too.

Any easy resolves to this?

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:03 pm
by fordomatic69
Should have saved the money from the Borla for gas!! :lol:

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:27 pm
by markdscott
In light of the responses my thoughts are as follows:

1. When purchasing it was not made clear that you need to purchase the additional cable and power supply
2. That you would also need to download the software
3. That you would need to spend time driving and recording logs
4. That you would then have to load the data onto your pc using the above mentioned items, analyze all etc.
5. That if the above does not take place, you will most likely not obtain the benefits advertised as though it would happen with just installing the included tune.

Time, money - misleading. Sure I can do all of this. Just not what was advertised.

I put on a minimum of 400 miles a week with more during the summrer traveling on weekends. I truly want a change in fuel cost. I looked at a payout in fuel savings to justify the purchase. Bottom line - it is not delivering as advertised.

BTW - the Borla investment showed immediate results as anticipated.

So again - is there a simple fix or what are my refund options?

RE: Re: RE: New MPG booster tunes for NBS trucks!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 pm
by imcgyver
Hello, will this MPG program be benificial over the 87 Tune on short trips 10 mile or less?
Thank you for your time and response.