Custom tune file questions/install

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

ls2goat

Custom tune file questions/install

Post by ls2goat »

U7191, 9r3, 2006 pontiac GTO. I have a custom hp tuner file installed currently, the tuner wants to makes some changes to my tune file. Can i read and send the tuner the custom hp tuner file and then install the updated hp tuner file back with the diablo predator? Second question; if the tuner sends me a new hp tuner file and my car tune is stock can i write that new tune file with the diablo predator? Thanks in advance!
frankl

RE: Custom tune file questions/install

Post by frankl »

Yes and yes, here is a link on how to send him and load a tune to your tool.

How to copy last tune

https://www.diablosport.com/spages/supp ... t_Tune.pdf

How to load custom tune

https://www.diablosport.com/spages/supp ... m_Tune.pdf
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

Thanks for the help! I did read a section on importing and exporting, but wanted to confirm that the custom "hp tuners" tune file was able to be read and then written once updated or stock tune being over written by "hp tuners" custom tune. thanks again frankl :o
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

NOOOO!

the predator will NOT read or load an "hp tuners" tune file...

you have to get a custom tune done by a diablosport CMR custom tuner - using diablo's CMR tuning software...

you will NOT be able to load/read an "hp tuners" tune file into the predator.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

well ok, my diablo predator did read the custom hp tuner file installed, at least it did the process of reading the tune, so what did it do then when it said reading file and completed the process?
frankl

Post by frankl »

:normal: lol, I just read over the HP tuner part. Sorry I didn't see that. Monte is correct,. You will need a CMR tune.
06MonteSS

Re: RE: Custom tune file questions/install

Post by 06MonteSS »

ls2goat wrote:well ok, my diablo predator did read the custom hp tuner file installed, at least it did the process of reading the tune, so what did it do then when it said reading file and completed the process?
it will read it out of the car, and save it as a diablosport tune file format....

but when your tuner sends you back an hp tuners tune file (.hpt) you will not be able to do anything with it... you can not load that into the predator as a custom tune to install into the car....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
ls2goat

RE: Re: RE: Custom tune file questions/install

Post by ls2goat »

ok that makes sence. because the predator read the custom "hp tuner" tune file, and saved it as diablo sport format, can i install that file back without issues? Second; IF the car was back to stock tune and i had the copy of the "hp tuner" file that the predator read would that be a issue to install?(no update) Thanks again for the assistance and speedy responces :D
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

and likewise, your tuner person using hp tuners software, will not be able to read/open that diablosport tune file format... only the diablosport CMR tuning software can read/open the diablo tune files...

you could use the saved diablo format tune file as a custom tune and install that to the car, yes...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

thanks monteSS, i will not be updating the current file that my diablo tuner read from the custom "hp tuners" file , seeing how I still want to use it lol. So i can send you a copy of that file if i ever make more changes to the car, and need updates? Much thanks! :lol:
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

depends on the updates you do, but yes, I do custom tuning... here's info: http://www.diablewtune.com
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

hey monteSS I forgot to ask a question, when the diablo predator reads the "hp tuners" file will it lose any data or information about the current tune? In other words will it be 100% the same? thanks for the help! :P
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

it might... depending on what was done in the hp tuners tune... if parameters were changed that are not mapped in the diablo tune templates, then that info will not be saved/written...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

Hi MonteSS,
I read the custom tuning article you posted and have two questions. Would you be able to adjust for the loss of vacuum in the manifold with an aftermarket cam installed? I was receiving the p106 code manifold/BARO after the cam install and the Diablo tune installed. Second question; when i read the tune file will the Diablo tuner capture the adjustment for loss of vacuum that the “hp Tunersâ€
ls2goat

Post by ls2goat »

any ideas monte?