I'm new to the DSP.
Can you Hemi guys with DSP experience help me out with some of the settings that you've found to your liking - in day to day driving?
I've installed the MPG booster for starters, and added 10% throttle boost.
Anyone have shift point suggestions for SW PA rolling hills & graded terrain?
Should I stay where I'm at for a bit before I try 9t12c CROM?
Thanks in advance for helping the noob.
Tim
U7137- 9r12 / 05 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi / modify tune ...
Moderator: mikel
U7137- 9r12 / 05 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi / modify tune ...
Last edited by Timbo114 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- white_lightning
- Posts: 720
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 pm
RE: U7137- 9R12 / 05 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi / modify tune ...
I have written a custom shift schedule for my '05 Ram that may work good for you.
PM me if you want to try one of my CMR custom TCM tunes.
I see you have a 4x4. I would like to write you a tune with 4x4 lo-range shifts to see if the 4x4 lo-range shift tables work. my truck is a 2x4, so I can't try it on my own truck.
PM me if you want to try one of my CMR custom TCM tunes.
I see you have a 4x4. I would like to write you a tune with 4x4 lo-range shifts to see if the 4x4 lo-range shift tables work. my truck is a 2x4, so I can't try it on my own truck.
Diablo Dodge CMR Tuner
Cell Phone#: (520) 508-5320
[email protected]
My Ride:
2005 Ram QC 1500, APS converter, 210/214 112 LSA cam, LT headers, True Duals, 4.56 gears, 180* T-Stat and some other mods. Tuned by Me.
Cell Phone#: (520) 508-5320
[email protected]
My Ride:
2005 Ram QC 1500, APS converter, 210/214 112 LSA cam, LT headers, True Duals, 4.56 gears, 180* T-Stat and some other mods. Tuned by Me.
RE: U7137- 9R12 / 05 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi / modify tune ...
This afternoon, I just set up my shift points @ rpm & part throttle up shifts to get a feel for what I'm looking for in the SOTP.
I'm gonna play with these parameters for a bit and see if I can find a sweet spot for my terrain.
We'll talk about a custom tune in the near future, after I get more familiar with this DSP.
I'm gonna play with these parameters for a bit and see if I can find a sweet spot for my terrain.
We'll talk about a custom tune in the near future, after I get more familiar with this DSP.
- white_lightning
- Posts: 720
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 pm
RE: U7137- 9R12 / 05 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi / modify tune ...
good plan, get an idea of what you like.
nice thing about a custom tune with all your shift points and other setting in it is:
if you have to tune to stock for some reason like changing Croms, you load your custom tune and you're done! otherwise, you get to go back and re-set everything manually.
also, I can do stuff to both up and down shifts that the tuner doesn't do to hold a gear better and have better control of downshift sensitivity.
nice thing about a custom tune with all your shift points and other setting in it is:
if you have to tune to stock for some reason like changing Croms, you load your custom tune and you're done! otherwise, you get to go back and re-set everything manually.
also, I can do stuff to both up and down shifts that the tuner doesn't do to hold a gear better and have better control of downshift sensitivity.
Diablo Dodge CMR Tuner
Cell Phone#: (520) 508-5320
[email protected]
My Ride:
2005 Ram QC 1500, APS converter, 210/214 112 LSA cam, LT headers, True Duals, 4.56 gears, 180* T-Stat and some other mods. Tuned by Me.
Cell Phone#: (520) 508-5320
[email protected]
My Ride:
2005 Ram QC 1500, APS converter, 210/214 112 LSA cam, LT headers, True Duals, 4.56 gears, 180* T-Stat and some other mods. Tuned by Me.