Page 1 of 1
09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 pm
by cwilly01
Guys - I bought the U7194 for my truck for a couple more MPG's and ability to chage tire sizes. I got it, updated it, and installed the 87 tune and gave it a test drive. Geeeez..... I can't believe you guys. I bought a 3/4 ton truck to pull a 12000# trailer, and now it's barking 2nd's. I'm pretty sure it's not going to impress my wife any, but it is what it is.
The only question I have is that right before 1-2 it feels like it pops the r/l, then shifts hard. on 2-3 about 500 rpm before the shift it falls on it's face. Do you think I'm going to be able to log and tune this out? Or is this a common problem for the 6 speed?
RE: 09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:45 am
by mikel
post up the last tune written and backup, but we dont tune the trans so it should act pretty much the same as it did...
RE: 09 Silverado 2500hd 4X4 update
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 am
by 06MonteSS
I think I know what the issue is...
cwilly, post up copies of your "original backup" and "last tune written" tune files, and I'll fix it up for ya...
Original and last tunes.
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:06 pm
by cwilly01
Here are the original b/u and last tunes. Thanks guys.
RE: Original and last tunes.
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:33 pm
by cwilly01
Hey guy's - When you look at this, I found that the truck is hitting traction control when shifting at F/T in 1-2 and 2-3. Do you think you could help me with this? I like the firm shifts, but not at the expense of shift then nose dive. All help is greatly appreciated.
RE: Original and last tunes.
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:01 pm
by cwilly01
bump
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 am
by 06MonteSS
try this man.. lemme know...
and sorry.. this post slipped through the cracks...
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:15 am
by cwilly01
NP - It happens. I'll give it a shot. One other question, it show's I have DoD options, but none on truck. And I sure would like TM options in the future

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 pm
by cwilly01
Seems like the stock shift points are back (ugh - shifts too soon at WOT and too late under part throttle), but the shifts are tamed. I dunno. What are the chances of getting TM adjustments for m cal? I have DOD and a couple of settings (fan settings, ect) that my truck does NOT have. Makes me wonder if I have the right program, or a cookie cutter for a 1/2 ton.
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:44 am
by 06MonteSS
well, since there is no tcm/tranny support, shift points can't be changed in the tune... so, those haven't changed....
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:16 pm
by cwilly01
Monte - Update on this truck. It has been at the dealership for almost a month with a scrambled transmission and converter. Truck has 35000 miles, so you can imagine what me fear is about re-installing the tune after it's back. I understand the Trinity has TCM settings, and they are "supposed" to be coming for the intune. Is there an allowance I can get for the predator toward one of these? And can I adjust shift points and torque management with the new programmer? A little nervous - and want to do it right you know....
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:22 pm
by 06MonteSS
there's currently no trade-in program towards an inTune...
but diablo does have a trade-in program for the Trinity and you get a $100 credit.. trade in your predator and get a Trinity for $499...
https://www.diablosport.com/index.php?m ... ay&pid=108