WOT spark calibration?

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
t3
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:56 pm

WOT spark calibration?

Post by t3 »

I have the u7194 and I logged my truck and got the WOT power enrichment adjustments set but are you supposed to use the same adjustments for the WOT spark calibration or what?
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: WOT spark calibration?

Post by 06MonteSS »

uhhh, no....

I wouldn't change the timing/spark adjustments.. the timing is already advanced pretty good compared to stock...

what tune are you using? what's the truck?? what octane gas??
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
t3
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:56 pm

RE: WOT spark calibration?

Post by t3 »

Im using the 87 octane tune with 87 gas in a 08 silverado with 5.3
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: WOT spark calibration?

Post by 06MonteSS »

definitely don't increase the timing/spark advance... leave it as is...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
t3
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:56 pm

RE: WOT spark calibration?

Post by t3 »

ok thanks for the info
User avatar
Firerader
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:27 pm

RE: WOT spark calibration?

Post by Firerader »

I have a question about power enrichment. I understand the concept of the three WOT rpm ranges under power enrichment but when changing them do you always change all three ranges the same? What am I missing?
Thanks,
Mike R.
Firerader
poolwiz99
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: WOT spark calibration?

Post by poolwiz99 »

I also have a question you say not to adjust spark but I did a wot run at the track and only had 23* timing with 3* knock that its giving me 20* that seems low to me even when I get the knockout can I adjust wot spark without messing with anything else
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”