Page 1 of 1
04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:22 pm
by 04cummins59
just tried to install my new predator on my cummins and it only lets me change the top speed but even after it says its completed the download it still feels the same? why wont it take the programmer it does the same thing with the hypertech that came with it. any ideas of whats happening?
RE: 04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 am
by mikel
If you have 2 different tuners that are loading tunes, and the truck still feels stock, i hate to say it, but your truck is broken
There is no mistaking a tuned cummins, and if the tunes are going in, and the truck is not responding, my first guess is fuel filter, followed by injectors....
RE: 04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:21 am
by 04cummins59
Maybe if I take it to the dealer and have them flash it?
Re: RE: 04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:42 am
by ropnjessi
04cummins59 wrote:Maybe if I take it to the dealer and have them flash it?
I agree, there's no telling what state the ECM was in when you got the truck. Maybe there was a tune on it already and your trying to load another over top with the other programmer. Did you check for codes? Maybe try and verify if there is in fact a tune loaded from either tuner. Just hooking them up usually will tell which tune is currently loaded.
RE: Re: RE: 04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:14 am
by mikel
I dont know that a reflash will help, but it cant hurt.
before we flash the PCM, it gets erased, so whatever was there is gone....
RE: Re: RE: 04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:31 pm
by 04cummins59
So if the is a tune from either one take it and have it flashed to see if it helps? And if it doesn't what should I do?
RE: Re: RE: 04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm
by mikel
no, dont flash over one of the tunes, that will get you locked out of one of the tools.
My point is more that a dealer flash is not likely going to help, it is unlikely that both the predator and other tuner are both not working...
RE: Re: RE: 04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:07 pm
by 04cummins59
What else could it be? I doubt it's the diablo I bought it to replace the pos hypertech anyway lol
Re: RE: Re: RE: 04 cummins wont install predator?
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:27 pm
by mikel
04cummins59 wrote:What else could it be? I doubt it's the diablo I bought it to replace the pos hypertech anyway lol
mikel wrote: if the tunes are going in, and the truck is not responding, my first guess is fuel filter, followed by injectors....