Page 1 of 1
ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 am
by cruiserdan
Another newb question and I apologize up front.
2009 Challenger SRT8, manual trans, U7135 tuner (tuner used but new to me).
I just loaded the 91 CAI tune and the BAS/ESP indicator came on almost immediately. I cycled the ignition a few times during my innital road test and it left for a short while. I operated the car for about 40 minutes and it is now back.
This indicator has not previously illuminitated so I suspect something about the tune has triggered it.
Suggestions?
Thanks, Dan.
EDIT problem corrected. A failed steering angle sensor not related to the tuner.
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:05 am
by frankl
What is the revision on the tool?
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:53 am
by cruiserdan
Complete information is helpful......
It is a version v.9r21, hardware UNIV_REV2. It was manufactured 12-8-2009.
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:59 am
by mikel
Go into the quick adjust menu and select enable traction control or disable dyno mode, I forget how its worded in your tool, see if that kills the lights.
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:30 pm
by cruiserdan
I recall seeing an option for "disable dyno mode". I'll try that.
Thank you sir.
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:53 pm
by mikel
Yes, that would be the ticket

RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:46 pm
by cruiserdan
Well that process did not solve the issue. Perhaps there is something going on with steering angle calibration. I will visit my mechanic friend at the Dodge store tomorrow and have him hook the Starscan up and check the calibration. Since there are no bus communications during some portions of the tune load it may be like a battery disconnect that requires steering angle calibration?
Signed Stumped in the Southwest High Desert.
RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:12 pm
by cruiserdan
Well the factory reset of the steering angle did not solve the problem. It came back after ~11 miles when I made a left-hand turn.
The ESP/BAS warnring lamp will reset it's self after some time passes. Time to get the service manual out and read the trouble-shooting to see what normally triggers the lamp.
In over 30,000 miles I never had and it cropped up right after the tune load so logic dictates it is related.
Re: RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:12 pm
by cruiserdan
Double-tap...dupe post.
RE: Re: RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm
by cruiserdan
The steering angle sensor in the column is throwing the code. it appears that the failure may be coincidental. I have an appointment to get the sensor replaced later this week. I will update the outcome.
Thanks for the assistance.
D-
RE: Re: RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:49 pm
by cruiserdan
Problem resolved. It was indeed the steering angle sensor. The failure was coincidental and not related to the tune or tuning process.
RE: Re: RE: ESP/BAS lamp since 91CAI canned tune.
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:32 pm
by mikel
Interesting, good to hear
