06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
I am just starting to tweak some of the slopes and I cant find some information on the above items.
COT
the only thing I can read about this is if I took off the Cat, disable the COT. I assume this is a protection thing that if the cat starts to overheat, it will make the engine run a little richer to cool it down. Why would I want to either keep it on or delay it?
Fan speeds
I was going to change out the T-Stat but could I save $200 and just have the fans come on at the lowest point (i think it was like 180) at 100% for all temps higher then say 190?
Knock Sensor
I assume I want to log a few WOT and raise the ign curve (10%=1degree) until have some knock and then back it off 1 or 2?
Sorry if these have been answered but I cant find them on this site and i swear I looked.
Thanks for the help.
Chris
COT
the only thing I can read about this is if I took off the Cat, disable the COT. I assume this is a protection thing that if the cat starts to overheat, it will make the engine run a little richer to cool it down. Why would I want to either keep it on or delay it?
Fan speeds
I was going to change out the T-Stat but could I save $200 and just have the fans come on at the lowest point (i think it was like 180) at 100% for all temps higher then say 190?
Knock Sensor
I assume I want to log a few WOT and raise the ign curve (10%=1degree) until have some knock and then back it off 1 or 2?
Sorry if these have been answered but I cant find them on this site and i swear I looked.
Thanks for the help.
Chris
- Attachments
-
- IMG_20110619_192222.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 4493 times
Last edited by B0nzz on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
no reason to change the t-stat... stock is 187*... and can't adjust the fans for anything less than 192* anyway....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
SO would changing the % to say 100 at the lowest setting be bad idea?
I always noticed when my Monte is about 1/2 way up to operating temps it runs like a bat out of hell. So wouldn't I want to have it run cooler or is too cool not good either?
Have you played with this and how did it work out for ya?
I always noticed when my Monte is about 1/2 way up to operating temps it runs like a bat out of hell. So wouldn't I want to have it run cooler or is too cool not good either?
Have you played with this and how did it work out for ya?
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
bad idea... your fans would be running at 100% all the time...
in my custom tunes, I go 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, then 90% for all the rest... and my coolant temp stays below 200....
have I played with this hahaha.. been tuning these cars for 5 years
in my custom tunes, I go 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, then 90% for all the rest... and my coolant temp stays below 200....
have I played with this hahaha.. been tuning these cars for 5 years
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
Cool, ill try that.
So did you mess with the COT?
IS how I described the knock sensor correct?
So did you mess with the COT?
IS how I described the knock sensor correct?
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
COT is the catalytic over temp protection.. if you still have the cat. converter on your car, leave it alone...
if you do NOT have the cat. converter on your car anymore, you can disable it... but you'll need to get a custom tune done in order to disable the necessary trouble codes as well.
I wouldn't touch the timing... the diablo tune has it pretty jacked up from stock as it is... I usually end up having to lower it in certain areas due to KR that people get... so I would leave the timing alone.
if you do NOT have the cat. converter on your car anymore, you can disable it... but you'll need to get a custom tune done in order to disable the necessary trouble codes as well.
I wouldn't touch the timing... the diablo tune has it pretty jacked up from stock as it is... I usually end up having to lower it in certain areas due to KR that people get... so I would leave the timing alone.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
Thanks Lew,
I almost have the LTFT dialed in had to go -11 and now +2 so I will see how that does. I have been logging a minimum of 10 min at 2g on the tech on as flat ground as possible
Now, you obviously temp will make a difference but if I tune this at say 55F and it is 40F out or the other way 70F out one day, can I run her too rich and have problems or I will just lose a little performance.
I did all this logging and tuning on the 91 oct tune, can I assume the base adjustments (-9 so far) would NOT work on the 93 or Diablo tune and would need to log and tweak the same way?
Thanks, also, I planned on making a donation to for the DSLogredux, do you get a cut of that?
I almost have the LTFT dialed in had to go -11 and now +2 so I will see how that does. I have been logging a minimum of 10 min at 2g on the tech on as flat ground as possible
Now, you obviously temp will make a difference but if I tune this at say 55F and it is 40F out or the other way 70F out one day, can I run her too rich and have problems or I will just lose a little performance.
I did all this logging and tuning on the 91 oct tune, can I assume the base adjustments (-9 so far) would NOT work on the 93 or Diablo tune and would need to log and tweak the same way?
Thanks, also, I planned on making a donation to for the DSLogredux, do you get a cut of that?
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
that adjustment is waaaaay too much for the injectors on these cars... You'll be running pig rich and the car will be sluggish.... If you need to adjust that much, you should.get a custom tune done so the MAF sensor table can be adjusted instead.... What mods are done to the car?
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
There is no ping and i cant get traction under 40mph (if it kicks to first)with anything over half throttle and if I am standing on it, the 1st to 2nd breaks loose a little so it is not sluggish. I have been running the
Diablo tune for the last 3-4 months and to be honest normally ran 89 with never a ping. and it pulls
harder now.
I did the +2 and only drove it for about 10 miles and did a log. I have not done a log with less then 75% file space so I am running logs for a while with cruise on and a flat highway. I am running the same stretch so my
readings are constant with the exception of about a 10 degree drop in temp today between tests. It is telling me to go back down to -2, that puts me -11 from stock. Too much ah?
I bought the car used at the beginning of the year and it had about 50,000 miles and was uber clean inside and out. I was pretty sure it was stock..
I put a K&N filter in it, took off the resonator and some series 40's, that's it.
oh ya, almost forgot the racing strips,,, they make it quicker don't they =)
Diablo tune for the last 3-4 months and to be honest normally ran 89 with never a ping. and it pulls
harder now.
I did the +2 and only drove it for about 10 miles and did a log. I have not done a log with less then 75% file space so I am running logs for a while with cruise on and a flat highway. I am running the same stretch so my
readings are constant with the exception of about a 10 degree drop in temp today between tests. It is telling me to go back down to -2, that puts me -11 from stock. Too much ah?
I bought the car used at the beginning of the year and it had about 50,000 miles and was uber clean inside and out. I was pretty sure it was stock..
I put a K&N filter in it, took off the resonator and some series 40's, that's it.
oh ya, almost forgot the racing strips,,, they make it quicker don't they =)
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
yeah, they make it quicker just like those fake hood scoops do 
ok man, I'm just tellin' ya what I KNOW... if you think and feel that it's running good, then that's cool and is all that matters.. enjoy!
ok man, I'm just tellin' ya what I KNOW... if you think and feel that it's running good, then that's cool and is all that matters.. enjoy!
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
That is th eon ehting I liked about the Supchip one, you can run time trailes and it would stop timing at a certain cut off.
thanks for th ehelp.
I am goig to let the tune sit for a couple days and run a log again.. So your saying that -11 is way too much and you would tune via map sensor?
thanks for th ehelp.
I am goig to let the tune sit for a couple days and run a log again.. So your saying that -11 is way too much and you would tune via map sensor?
Re: RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
B0nzz wrote:That is the one thing I liked about the Super-chip one, you can run time trials and it would stop timing at a certain cut off.
thanks for the help.
I am going to let the tune sit for a couple days and run a log again..
So your saying that -11 is way too much and you would tune via maf sensor?
RE: Re: RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
yep.. that injector slope adjustment is waaaaaaay too much for these cars.... or any vehicle for that matter...
I would never go any more than -5% or -6% at the MOST on our cars... and even -6% is pushing it... going that much changes the engine load due to all the extra fuel you're flooding the engine with, and in turn it changes the way the transmission reacts/responds/shifts because of the additional engine load...
our cars don't really like anything more than -5% on the slope adjustment...
you need to get the MAF tables adjusted instead...
I would never go any more than -5% or -6% at the MOST on our cars... and even -6% is pushing it... going that much changes the engine load due to all the extra fuel you're flooding the engine with, and in turn it changes the way the transmission reacts/responds/shifts because of the additional engine load...
our cars don't really like anything more than -5% on the slope adjustment...
you need to get the MAF tables adjusted instead...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: Re: RE: 06 monte COT, Fan speeds a knock sensor
Could it have a aftermaket maf maybe screwing with these?
You never answered my question about the donation..
You never answered my question about the donation..