RM7137 - DS Downloader can't find it

Questions and comments specific to the DiabloSport Downloader application.

Moderator: mikel

bkw

RM7137 - DS Downloader can't find it

Post by bkw »

hey All,
I've got the RM7137 (Ripp Mods) and everything was installed correctly, so as it seems. When I plug the predator into the PC, hardware was found and all that good stuff. But when I start up DS Downloader, it keeps searching for the tool. I've tried every USB port without any luck.

Some other facts:
* I have the diablosport interface kit (U7778)
* I'm running Windows 7 64-bit
* I've run the app as user and as administrator
* I used the drivers that were included on the mini CD included with the interface kit. I've also tried installing the drivers of the site, but then I had USB problems after so I reverted back to the original drivers
* Whenever I switch from usb port to port, DS Downloader changes the COM to check
* This is for a 2009 Jeep Wrangler, supercharged
* Part # RM7137
* Version v.9r01
* Hardware UNIV_REV2

Questions, and or leads to a possible solution:

* What baud should the predator be set to on the tool (options > serial baud)? I've tried both 57600 and 115200, the latter the default setting on the configuation screen.

* In device manager, I see that the bit rate for the driver is at 9600, should match the baud of the predator? I dont think that baud and bitrate are the same, so I havent messed with it.

* What should my configuation settings be? I'm guessing U7137 since RM7137 doesnt exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've got my Jeep back together but can't work out the software!

Thanks!
Brian
bkw

RE: RM7137 - DS Downloader can

Post by bkw »

Searched and searched and kept running into some guy who said to use the vista drivers (vista-prolific-chip-driver-for-serial-adapters.zip). Tried that and still nothing.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
bkw

Post by bkw »

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the all-in-one, had the driver install successfully, but still nothing from the ds downloader app. "Still searching for a diablosport tool.."
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

need to check your usb cable port settings in the Windows Device Manager....

hook up the cable and predator to your pc...

go into Windows Device Manager...

go to the com ports section.. find your cable listing.. double click on it to bring up the properties window...

go to the Ports tab...

make sure bits per second is set to 57600 or 115200... (and select the same baud rate on the predator if you have that setting on there)

click the Advanced button..

make sure the com port is set to 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5...

click on OK on all the windows to exit out...

should be good to go...

if that doesn't work, then it's a bad cable... definitely wouldn't be the first time a bad cable was to blame...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
bkw

Post by bkw »

Didnt work.

I also did a clean install of the driver and DSD onto another PC and still nothing.

So it appears that it may be the cable or the device itself. Where can I get a new cable?

It looks like I've just wasted 6 hours trying to get this sorted out for nothing.. Could this be an omen telling me not to go ahead with the supercharger? Grrrr
mikel

Post by mikel »

you can get a USB to serial at any computer supply store, or walmart, ebay, anywhere ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
bkw

Post by bkw »

hallelujah it WORKED!! Sucks that I had to pay $50 for a crappy Gigaware cable from radioshack, but whatever. IT WORKS!
mikel

Post by mikel »

good deal, enjoy!
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com