Page 1 of 2
Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am
by mrdth
This might be a dumb question but is there any difference between gas stations ie Sunoco, Mobil, Shell. I know it all comes from the same place but don't different companies ad their own blend of additives. If so who has the best gas for perfomance vehicles.
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 am
by Ill_Born_SS
Mobil
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:18 am
by 06MonteSS
don't use shell!
mobil, exxon, sunoco, amoco, bp, and chevron are good ones...
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm
by Mike_Levy
Exxon/Mobil or BP is all I've ever put in my cars.
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:49 pm
by ohten
Check toptiergas.com
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:55 pm
by Mike_Levy
Top Tier is bullshit propaganda. They're no better then anything else, and in many cases, worse. Top Tier pushes crap like Shell, yet its the worst stuff in the world for performance. Absolutely zero knock resistance.
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:25 pm
by 06MonteSS
yeah, don't go by toptier.. . Shell is on there, and it's one of the worst offenders for causing knock retard...
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:45 pm
by rsonnltz
I have been using Shell's 93 octane gas because it the only gas around where I live that doesn't contain any ethanol. Am I better off using Mobil or BP 93 Octane with ethanol than Shell's ethanol free 93 octane?
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:07 pm
by mrdth
Great, I just filled brand new SS Camaro vert with Shell 93

RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:25 pm
by mrdth
What about Sunoco 94. Is that compatable with diablo tune or is custom tune recomended? Personally I've always liked Sunoco gas. But maybe its because the station near my house looks cool. Marketing does work.
RE: Best gas question
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 pm
by Mike_Levy
You can use Sunoco Ultra 94. Its about equal to Exxon/Mobil or BP 93.
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:52 pm
by mrdth
Bump
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 am
by BlakeryRT
Sorry to revive this thread, however rsonnltz had a great question that was not answered I believe, if i am wrong please correct me, I work 60 hrs a week so I do over look stuff lol, but im in the same boat as rsonnltz, there is only one station in my area that has ethanol free gas and its a shell station and family owned so ive been partial to it, however family is not the issue here, would I be better off using mobil or BP 93 with ethanol vs ethanol free shell 93, looking for forward to a reply, thanks guys!!!!
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:14 am
by 06MonteSS
yes.. use Mobil 93....
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:23 am
by Mike_Levy
Don't worry about family. Whats best for the car is the one to use. I have stock in Exxon Mobil. Hell, the dividends are paying for the V, yet it hasn't seen a single drop of their gas. The only thing I've put in the CTS-V since new has been BP.