u7191 failure to retrieve tune

Questions and comments specific to the DiabloSport Downloader application.

Moderator: mikel

Ivmotor

u7191 failure to retrieve tune

Post by Ivmotor »

I did the search thing and didn't find anything like this.
06 tbss
9r03 revision
initial use of tool

downloader finds the tool, I click "download current tune", download window opens, new window with "there was a failure retrieving the tune from the tool, The error reported was export cancelled"

First time with this message, I updated the downloader a couple days ago.
IVMOTORSPORTS.COM
06MonteSS

RE: u7191 failure to retrieve tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

did you install a tune to your vehicle yet?? you have to install one of the diablo tunes to the truck so that it saves a copy of the original backup in it before you can download it... were you able to download the original backup stock tune from the predator using the dsdownloader??

and then to get the "current tune" downloaded, you actually have to copy it from the trucks pcm into the predator first before you can download it...

you have to connect to your truck and do the "read extra tune" process to save a copy of the diablo tune from the pcm into the predator... and then you can download that "extra tune"...

To get a copy of the current diablo tune (the "extra tune") out of your vehicle:

1. With your predator hooked up to your vehicle's OBDII port, and the car key is turned into the same ON position as if you were going to install a tune, go to OPTIONS > CUSTOM TUNE > READ EXTRA TUNE. -- This will copy the diablo preset tune from the car into the predator. -- You MUST do this step before you will be able to export the extra tune from the Predator to your PC!

Once that copy process is done, press the ESC button until you are back at the main menu, and then you can unplug your predator from the OBD port.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Ivmotor

Post by Ivmotor »

I thought the "read extra tune" thing died with the u7140 mustang programmers. Thanks for the quick answer.
IVMOTORSPORTS.COM
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

nope... always had to do it - and still have to do it - with the 7191's and early/older 7194's (rev. 9r07 or earlier)...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Ivmotor

Post by Ivmotor »

Could you run me through the process on retrieving it to the downloader? I remember how to do it with the old ford style interface but that didn't work on this one.
IVMOTORSPORTS.COM
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

follow the instructions here in SECTION 1:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... pic&t=6547
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune